• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Verify Operation Failed and Other Issues

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2012 Jan 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader X 10.1.1 is not working correctly on my computer which is running Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3. I have several symptoms.
1. If I am able to open a pdf file on my hard drive I get this error message:
   “Verify operation failed.”
    I hit OK and can read the document fine.

2. Many pdf files on my hard drive will not open. I get the error message:
   “There was an error opening this document. There was a problem reading this document (57).”
    I doubt the document is corrupt because I can email them to my coworkers and they can open it.

3. I can open any document inside of Internet Explorer 8. I get the error message:
   “There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. If it is running, please exit and try again (0:104)”
    It wasn’t running and trying again won’t help. Usually I download the file and try to open it and if I can't I email to a co-worker and continue on. But now I need to fill out a form online that uses a pdf but I can't download it. What can I do now?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice with no success.  I suspect the root problem is the “Verify operation failed.”

Any ideas.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ditto here.  OSX 10.6.8 and cs6 acrobat pro x 10.1.7.  Same error message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add another to the list!

Running OSX 10.7.5 and Adobe Acrobat X 10.1.7

The message began last night, this morning I was prompted to update something in Adobe (Reader?) but that did not seem to affect the message occurrence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Just started seeing the error a day or two ago. I'm on a Mac running OS 10.8.4 and Adobe CS 5.5 Acrobat Pro X 10.1.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran the acrobat uninstaller located in the acrobat folder on the mac. Reinstalled acrobat, did not run the update, and the "verify operation failed" prompt never came back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ditto...started Jun20, MacBookPro, 10.8.4, cs6, acrobat pro 10.1.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the suggestion by edward boretz in the message immediately before yours?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes...uninstalled and reinstalled back to 10.1.1

still getting the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround didn't fix the problem for me either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem on a MAC.

Solution:

Preferences

Security

Advanced Preferences

Unmark "Use the document-specified method. Prompt if it is not available"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion iurycarlov - I thought that had worked for me, but unfortunately not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was optimistic about this fix as well, but waiting the 10 seconds (as zandwich96 wrote), I'm still received the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried the suggestion ftom iurcarlov. Worked for a few seconds, then the message popped up again.

It doesn't prevent you from using the software, it's just really annoying...

Any help please Adobe???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No solution. The situation remains...Sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Mac OS 10.8.4.  Running Standalones for Acrobat Pro 10.1.7 and Acrobat Pro 11.0.03, both.  My Reader is configured with my 11.0.03.  I have been getting "verify operation failed" warnings consistently since 20 June, 2013.  Have ONLY been getting them if I am using the Acrobat 10.1.7.  They do not go away.  Take about 10 seconds to "appear."  PDF's and PDF Portfolios still function.  The warnings DO NOT appear if I open Acrobat Pro 11.0.03.  Very strange.  Adobe Problem...Bug.  This is a good Forum.  My Acrobat X and XI appear to be "enmeshed" on my HD. I am only running Standalones,  LR5 and PS CS6 also, I am not in a Suite.  I am going to wait this out.  Adobe, can you please respond??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2013 Jun 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same problem for the past couple of days. Seems to be after the latest update. Running Mac OSX 10.8.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can bet your bottom dollar that it's in regard to the cloud service that the adobe corporation in their infinite wisdom will be using. Reader and Acrobat Pro are probably their most used products and you can be sure ther are setting up new ways for you to pay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here with version 10.1.7.  I get the message with any PDF that is opened.  it also just started for me in the last month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this. I can unmark it but I have to choose another option, and neither of the other options seem to work unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started experiecing same problem on my MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion.

One more to the list.

How many more before we get a helpful response, Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add another one to the list.  I've had the same problem for several days.  OSX 10.8.4, Adobe Acrobat X 10.1.7 part of the CS5.5 Design Standard suite, 2011 13" Macbook Pro.  Very annoying.  Adobe, please fix soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And my business, Acrobat X 10.1.7, standalone on my machine, and in our CS5 package on my designer's machine. We are not on cloud, these are package/boxed products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OSX 10.8.4 & Adobe Creative Suite CS6 Design Premium Acrobat pro X 10.1.7.  Same error message, not on cloud

Update if I disconnect  MAC from Internet (cable, wi-fi) no error message, all work fine on Local.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very annoying and only started after I uninstalled Acrobat XI (decided not to buy). Have switched off all the Preferences security options I could but still no joy. Unfortunately I need to be switched onto Internet, so cannot try out offline.

This is a bug, Adobe, so can you please fix it soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list. 10.6.8, CS6, Acrobat Pro 10.1.7. Doesn't interfere with functionality; pops up a few seconds after application launch each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here... Running osx 10.8.4, CS6, acrobat pro 10.1.7. Was fine Friday, error started first thing this AM. Could really use some help here Adobe. PLEASE w/sprinkles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines