• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Verify Operation Failed and Other Issues

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2012 Jan 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader X 10.1.1 is not working correctly on my computer which is running Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3. I have several symptoms.
1. If I am able to open a pdf file on my hard drive I get this error message:
   “Verify operation failed.”
    I hit OK and can read the document fine.

2. Many pdf files on my hard drive will not open. I get the error message:
   “There was an error opening this document. There was a problem reading this document (57).”
    I doubt the document is corrupt because I can email them to my coworkers and they can open it.

3. I can open any document inside of Internet Explorer 8. I get the error message:
   “There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. If it is running, please exit and try again (0:104)”
    It wasn’t running and trying again won’t help. Usually I download the file and try to open it and if I can't I email to a co-worker and continue on. But now I need to fill out a form online that uses a pdf but I can't download it. What can I do now?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice with no success.  I suspect the root problem is the “Verify operation failed.”

Any ideas.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does this mean that every time we open a pdf document, not just the acrobat app itself, we are connected to one of Adobe’s servers?

If so, why?

Sounds like some sort of surveillance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James_233 wrote:

So does this mean that every time we open a pdf document, not just the acrobat app itself, we are connected to one of Adobe’s servers?

If so, why?

Sounds like some sort of surveillance.

Good question....especially since there is no Creative Cloud with my CS6 product. Why is Acrobat X phoning home Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Mac OS 10.8.4.  Running Standalones for Acrobat Pro 10.1.7 and Acrobat Pro 11.0.03, both.  My Reader is configured with my 11.0.03.  I have been getting "verify operation failed" warnings consistently since 20 June, 2013.  Have ONLY been getting them if I am using the Acrobat 10.1.7.  They do not go away.  Take about 10 seconds to "appear."  PDF's and PDF Portfolios still function.  The warnings DO NOT appear if I open Acrobat Pro 11.0.03.  Very strange.  Adobe Problem...Bug.  This is a good Forum.  My Acrobat X and XI appear to be "enmeshed" on my HD. I am only running Standalones,  LR5 and PS CS6 also, I am not in a Suite.  I am going to wait this out.  Adobe, can you please respond??

I am having the same problems since late June --- this is KILLING me !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't had the message in the last couple of days now, so m-a-y-b-e it is fixed!

I am on a MacBook Pro, 10.8.4, Acrobat Pro (CS6) 10.1.7.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2013 Jun 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW!  IT IS TOTALLY FIXED !

HOW CRAZY IS THAT??

IT FIXED ITSELF !!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[fixed] found the solution
just refer to this video [Solved] GeneralError: Operation failed...pdf file issue - YouTube
and let me know if your problem is solved..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The video is no more availble, could you please share your solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines