Vista clean installation

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP!,

I have windows vista home premium 32bit

I recently did a clean installation and now I cannot download Adobe programs

I have done the clean installation 3 times but still cannot download Adobe.

I believe there is something missing from windows registry.

I have tried a registry repair but still no luck.

I can download Adobe but cannot ope the file.

Here's hoping someone can help me solve this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A version that will run on Vista isn't available in the Reader download area and not supported by Adobe (use at your own risk and all that).

That being said, you can get the installer from their FTP site: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/10.x/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem was the download was blocked I right clicked on Adobe &

properties and found that the page was blocked click on it and hey presto

its unblocked and working. Thank-you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have a PC running Vista. Unless you transferred the installer from another computer, I suspect that you lack Recommended update KB2763674 from 2013, without which Vista does not have support for SHA-256 certificates (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2763674/you-cannot-run-an-application-that-is-signed-with-a... ). That update requires SP2. Assuming that SP2 has been installed, you have probably found that it is impossible to get Windows updates even though Vista is still under extended support until April 11. In that case, see the Most Helpful Reply at Updates not working, it has been searching for updates for hours - Microsoft Community .

For more information about using Adobe Reader on "unsupported" Windows Vista, see my January 11 reply to Windows vista missing in the free acrobat download system selection . Adobe Flash Player on the other hand still supports 32-bit browsers on Vista and even XP at this time.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines