• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What does "Rev.1" stands for in Signature Panel?

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, pardon my lack of English language.

I do not know if this is the correct place to ask as I am new to this Forum. Apologize if this is the wrong thread to do so.

I am new to Digital Signature. As I examined digitally signed documents, I realized that there were "Rev. 1" before explaining the subject of the certificate on the signature panel, such as seen on the example I inserted here. My question is, what does these "Rev.(s)" stands for?

Thank you for your answer!

Rev1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

I think it is short for "Revision". But most PDF documents have only one signature, so it is not actually a revision. You've made me think about the English language now... in the English language, "Revision 1", "Revision 2" are often used for versions of a document or plan, with the original sometimes called "revision 1". This is actually not correct English! But it is commonly used, especially in software systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is short for "Revision". But most PDF documents have only one signature, so it is not actually a revision. You've made me think about the English language now... in the English language, "Revision 1", "Revision 2" are often used for versions of a document or plan, with the original sometimes called "revision 1". This is actually not correct English! But it is commonly used, especially in software systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That does make sense! I thought it means "Reviewer", but your explanation does fit with the context.

I think it is safe to assume that the word "Revision" is the intended word until there is an official statement from Adobe that said otherwise.

Thank you for your answer, really appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines