Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which Acrobat Reader to download, Windows Vista

Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to this community, hello. I need Acrobat Reader and can't use AR DC as it doesn't support Windows Vista. Which version should I get, with my 32 bit computer. And do I download both the program and the update file?  Thank you!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Hi Janice,

Acrobat 10.1.4 is the last version which is compatible with Windows Vista. You can download it by going to the link below:-

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

Select "Do you have a different language or Operating system".

Acrobat reader vista.PNG

Select the OS as Windows Vista.

Select the language and then it will show the version available for your platform.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi janicer32398046,

That's correct Reader DC is compatible on Windows 7 and above.

However you can try installing Adobe Reader 11 Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution by selection Windows 7 as you operating system.

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janice,

Acrobat 10.1.4 is the last version which is compatible with Windows Vista. You can download it by going to the link below:-

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

Select "Do you have a different language or Operating system".

Acrobat reader vista.PNG

Select the OS as Windows Vista.

Select the language and then it will show the version available for your platform.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Aadesh and Tanvi, I did download AR for my operating system, Vista. Now with 21 extracted files, there are no instructions which to run first! There's an installer, then also an installer patch; then two set up files, one an 'application' and one 'configuration setting. Then a whole bunch of other stuff. I assume the rest will get picked up by the program once I get the first one(s) run... Which is done first? No instructions on the website... Help! I really appreciate this, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janice,

Kindly check in the lsit of installed programs on your machine. Adobe Reader should be there , because when you click on download , it downloads the set up

When you run the set up, it download and installs Adobe reader on its own.

Thanks,

Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Tanvi!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing to extract; just run the downloaded installer AdbeRdr1014_en_US.exe (US English version), then download and run the patch to update to Reader X 10.1.15 http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/10.x/10.1.15/misc/AdbeRdrUpd10115.msp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you pwillener!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!!

We are glad that your issue is resolved.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines