• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does a "Save As" dialog box pop up before all files are combined?

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to combine 5 Word files to a PDF file, but when it begins combining the files, a "Save as" dialog box pops up to save as a PDF file. But when I save the file, only one Word file is saved as a PDF without all the other files that I want combined into a file. Why doesn't Adobe Reader wait until all files are combined before asking me to save the file as a PDF?

1. I Chose the files as seen in the first illustration:

COMBINING WD FILES TO PDF-1.png

2. In Adobe Reader, I selected all the files, then clicked on "Combine":

COMBINING WD FILES TO PDF-2.png

3. Then a "Save PDF File As" dialog box pops up while the first Word file is in the process of being combined, So I saved it as the desired file as shown in the illustration:

COMBINING WD FILES TO PDF-3.png

But after I "Saved PDF file as" with the desired filename, it's been taking forever and seems to be stuck in "converting" the first file. How long does this process take?

Until I find out the answer to this, I'll just have to convert each one to a PDF file separately and then combine all of the PDF files together. 

I didn't use to have this problem before.

Thank you for any help.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dorothy,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry about the trouble. 

As you have mentioned above, it takes a long time to combine the files into a single PDF. Please try preparing the application installation and check if the application is updated to the latest version. In the application, go to the Help menu and select Repair Installation or Check for updates. Check if that helps.

Could you please check if the issue occurs with files from a particular location? To check that, try creating some sample files and saving them on the desktop. Then try to combine them and check if you experience the same behavior.

Share the Acrobat Pro DC and OS version installed on the machine. You may check the application version using the steps suggested in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines