• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Password for Reader

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenver I open a pdf file in Acrobat Reader (Mac) I have to enter my Adobe account password. Acrobat Reader is a free app, so why do I need to enter the password. This is a pain and will drive me to setting Preview as my default app for viewing pdf documents.

I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
…Tom Waits
TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Mac , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Please go through the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/acrobat-keeps-asking-to-sign-in/td-p/11525698 and see if that works for you.

Also make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20142 installed. Go to help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once and check if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read the help page you referenced and nothing there made any difference. Also when I looked in my keychain there were five entries for "Adobe.APS"

I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
…Tom Waits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's designed to ask, so they can sell you things - that's the reason it's free. However, you don't need to enter it every time - just once, and don't sign out. If this isn't happening, that might be a fixable problem - in fact, that's what the link was about, not the fact that it asks (because it's designed to). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines