• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro Read Aloud on iPad

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Adobe Acrobat Pro subscription on my iPad.

I cannot figure out how to use the Read Aloud function. 

Is this function not available on iPad?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Adobe Acrobat Pro subscription on my iPad....Is this function not available on iPad?

By @Jo23705480op5w

No, Read Aloud is not (yet) available on Acrobat Reader for iPad. Most of the boards have Ideas and Bugs on the Adobe forums, but the Acrobat team uses a separate website called User Voice. I found the request on that website for you, where you might want to add your upvote and comments:

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/914680-acrobat-reader-for-ios/suggestions/38875291-read-aloud-c...

Your post was erroneously moved to Acrobat, which is for the desktop version of Acrobat Pro. Since your question is about Acrobat on the iPad, I have moved your post to Acrobat Reader Mobile for you.

Jane

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Adobe Acrobat Pro subscription on my iPad....Is this function not available on iPad?

By @Jo23705480op5w

No, Read Aloud is not (yet) available on Acrobat Reader for iPad. Most of the boards have Ideas and Bugs on the Adobe forums, but the Acrobat team uses a separate website called User Voice. I found the request on that website for you, where you might want to add your upvote and comments:

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/914680-acrobat-reader-for-ios/suggestions/38875291-read-aloud-c...

Your post was erroneously moved to Acrobat, which is for the desktop version of Acrobat Pro. Since your question is about Acrobat on the iPad, I have moved your post to Acrobat Reader Mobile for you.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it! Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jo23705480op5w,

Hope you are doing well. Thank you for writing in!

As Jane mentioned about Read Aloud not being available on iOS, I would like to suggest a work around to it.

You can select the portion of the text you want to hear, the small toast menu pops up, you can scroll to select the option "Read Text." The app should then start reading the selected portion of the text, similar to that of Read Aloud.

Hope this workaround helps.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Souvik,

I tried this on a couple of PDFs and couldn't  get it to work. I tried with and without Liquid mode. Is there something else that needs to be done?

janee_0-1701118239696.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jane-e,

Try enabling the option from your settings-> accessibility-> spoken content.

More detailed steps here: Hear iPad speak the screen, selected text, and typing feedback

Once done, the option should appear on the same menu (screenshot attached)

-Souvik

Speak from content feature on iOSSpeak from content feature on iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Souvik, that works nicely!

janee_0-1701175166629.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jane-e That's great! 

Though this is not the same as Read Aloud, it does serve the purpose.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No such selection exists on the pro version for iPad, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines