Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Print Option Given for Adobe Acrobat Reader on Chrome OS laptop

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a Chromebook laptop with the Adobe Acrobat Reader for PDFs installed. For some reason, there is no print option in the usual place on the top right dropdown menu and the ctrl+p command does not activate the regular print page window. 

I called customer support and they referred me to this forum as the rep was unaccustomed to Chrome OS (and the Adobe remote access was unsupported...). I tried to uninstall and reinstall the application. The other applications on this device are working with my printer.

Is there a way I can resolve this?

Thank you in advance!

Tzipora Gutmann

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too had the same issue, which seems bizarre. However a workaround I found was to download the Adobe Acrobat extension in Chrome (link). Open the pdf all within the same Chrome window and it then provides a print option. So effectively bypass the Adobe App all together.

Hope this is helpful, Tobias

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is no use calling customer support, there is no support for free apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem and cannot find an answer anywhere!  This is a recent problem for me.  I have an older printer (hp officejet pro 8600) that connects via usb and I am wondering if it is not compatible after a recent update?  I can still print from Word and Google Docs but that doesn't help me when I need to print a pdf!   I hope someone can give an answer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing the same problem.  No print command on Adobe Reader for Chromebook.  Is there a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, but I see no one has a solution yet this many months later?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here - cannot figure it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

sorry to keep you waiting.

Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile app does have the Print option enabled for mobile devices. On Chromebook, this feature is currently unavailable. 

If we'll hear any update regarding its availability, will surely keep you posted. 

Meanwhile, please submit your feedback here: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/ 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akanchha,

I just downloaded the Adobe Reader acrobat to my iphone and do NOT see a print button either???? 

Suggestions? 

C Howe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also downloaded it to my ipad and NO PRINT option either! Suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not mean to sound harsh, but what good is the adobe on chromebook if I can't print, that is the only reason I downloaded in my chromebook.  I might as well delete it off my computer.

Hopefully soon down the road the feature would be added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why Chromebook would have an app that is useless if you can't print.  I think for this reason, I'm just going to get a new laptop and use my Chromebook for emailing and reading my kindle or any other tasks that are not important. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also deleting the Adobe app.  This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too had the same issue, which seems bizarre. However a workaround I found was to download the Adobe Acrobat extension in Chrome (link). Open the pdf all within the same Chrome window and it then provides a print option. So effectively bypass the Adobe App all together.

Hope this is helpful, Tobias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this workaround! This issue has been driving me nuts, lol!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you for the suggestion. I installed the Acrobat extension in Chrome, opened my document and saw a print icon. But it still doesn't work even when the document is opened in Chrome. Dang! I was so hopeful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines