• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat iOS App with inTune MAM Problem

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our iPhones are inTune managed and Cloud Apps are protected by MAM Application Protection Policy. Adobe Acrobat iOS is also managed by that policy. The policy allow only to share files between managed Apps like Teams, Outlook, OneDrive, etc. The Acrobat App is registered in inTune by enabeling it on "Pre-Settings". The Policy itself works like expected. Did already doublechecked with .xlsx .docx. When i disable the policy .pdfs could opened again without problems.

When i open a .PDF from one of the managed apps e.g Teams, i get error messages within Acrobat. 

I open a .PDF --> Import to Acrobat --> Error.

Error Messages:

1. The document cannot be opened because it is damaged

2. The file could not be opened because it is not in the correct format

TOPICS
Enterprise mobility management and SDK , General troubleshooting , iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Get the final Feedback from MS Support Team:

"Our Adobe contact confirmed that their "Share Extention" does not integrate the IntuneSKD. Until they will update their app code and integrate the share extension with Intune SDK, Adobe app won't be able to receive managed content through that method. 

It is unfortunate, but at this moment this was the most we were able to do. We do not own Adobe app so we can't upgrade it to leverage this functionality as well."

Poor Adobe Support who can't give me that answer since weeks and we had to spent so much time to investigate. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am also in touch with Microsoft Support, they are investigating on their side. So please contact me to find a solution as soon as possible since all users in our company are affected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Were you able to find a solution? Enabling Copy/Paste settings to allow the user to Copy the file to Acrobat is a temporary workaround. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

unfortunatelly not. I have an update from Microsoft that they can reproduce that behaviour on their envoirement. Tbh. i can do this, but i don't want to find a workaround otherwise the policy has no sense to be activated. I will find a proper solution as it's designed. Too bad, that the Adobe Support does not respond on my Post. I tried to call them and they say, open a post in the community, they will help you. *lol*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has Microsoft provided an update to you? I've been told to reach out to Adobe for assistance, which is pretty hard to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I reached out developers to clarify what is causing this behavior and if we can do something about it. Right now, this is under investigation however our initial hunch is that Adobe application doesn't correctly handle the incoming data. We say that because other apps with same Intune SDK version as Adobe, are able to correctly handle the incoming data. I know you already raised the community question with Adobe, not sure what kind of support Adobe offers and how you can contact them, but we strongly advice to keep discussions with Adobe alive." 

However there is a workaround where i can live with at the moment. 

More specifically, instead of using directly the Adobe app, tap on "Open in" -> "Copy to Acrobat".

2020-02-25_10-48-46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the post on this. I'm also experiencing this same problem with the setup at my company also. 

The annoying part is the Copy To Acrobat doesn't work if you have to intune configured with Open-in/ Share Filtering. You only have the Open in function sadly and that fails every launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Get the final Feedback from MS Support Team:

"Our Adobe contact confirmed that their "Share Extention" does not integrate the IntuneSKD. Until they will update their app code and integrate the share extension with Intune SDK, Adobe app won't be able to receive managed content through that method. 

It is unfortunate, but at this moment this was the most we were able to do. We do not own Adobe app so we can't upgrade it to leverage this functionality as well."

Poor Adobe Support who can't give me that answer since weeks and we had to spent so much time to investigate. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines