• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fill&Sign app (iOS) auto-wrapping text

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I've noticed that when I add text to a PDF using this app, the app frequently auto-wraps the text down to the next line.  This is a problem when I'm entering values into a table, and the text is small enough to fit into the field but the app decides to wrap the text anyway, so part of my text ends up overlapping the field below it.

From working in the app there doesn't seem to be any option to disable text-wrapping, or resize the text boxes created in the app.  Is this issue familiar to anyone or does anyone have a workaround?

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text is wrapping since the last software update to iPadOS 13.1.2, is there a fix for this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, I would like to see a reaction from Adobe. After all, this community is the only place where we should be able to get support for the fill and sign app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benw,

Sorry for the delay in response and thanks for reaching out.

As you have mentioned above, the text is auto-wrapping when you add text to PDF using  the Fill & Sign mobile application.

Could you please provide more details about this issue?

- Adobe Acrobat Reader version

- OS version on the device

- It woud be helpful if you can share the video capturing the same for better understanding.

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next comment below by JacoK69 does a great job of explaining the problem, and as that user states, this is an issue that popped up after updating to iOS 13.

Also, I'm not using "Adobe Acrobat Reader", I'm using "Adobe Fill&Sign".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Meenakshi,

Have you had a chance to look into our problem yet?

Regards, Jaco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jaco,

We have reported the issue to the team. They are trying to replicate the behaviour on their end.

We will update you once we hear anything from them.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meenakshi,

Are there any updates to this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem on an iPad with iOS 13.2, Fill & Sign version 19.04.00.

It works OK on an iPad with iOS 12.4, Fill & Sign version 19.04.00.

Several field guys with iOS 13.something also have this issue.

Any updates on the status?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also have a ticket in with Apple support on this issue, they say they're looking into it.  No word from Adobe besides this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been in contact with Apple Support, here in Holland, but they couldn't help us, according to them the problem should be solved by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since yesterday, Fill & Sign updated to version 19.11.0. The problem seems to be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, iOS i version 13.1.3, Adobe Fill&Sign version10.04.00

Pic 1 is a screenshot of a random form with some text added. Pic 2 is what happens when I either try to print it or send it by email. I tried different forms, different fontsizes etc but this happens every time. This time the date field doesn't have a problem but often the 9 in 2019 is put beneath the rest of the date, same happens sometimes with the number fields on the right of the form.

And just to be clear, it has been working fine for years, the problems started with the update to iOS 13. We have been in contact with Apple, I tried a factory reset, clean install of iOS and Fill&Sign, it didn't work.

pic 1pic 1pic 2pic 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines