• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Mobile App iOS

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, I find it very strange the call center team cannot assit me with mobile question beacause they are not trained in mobile?? If Adobe creates and support an app, why not a simple tech support for it? 

How can I make the app not save my documents on adobe cloud? When I scan a or edit a document on iOS, it saves on cloud, I don't want that upload to my clould rather I want to save locally on device or on my Files folder. I have Acrobat and Adboe Scan app on my mobile and subcribe to Acrobat Standard and Pro licences via business license. 

TOPICS
Cancel subscription , Crash or freeze , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Your question is about Adobe Reader for iOS, so I have moved it from the Acrobat forum.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is about acrobat for mobile?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just to clarify, there is no Adobe Acrobat for mobile.

The mobile app is referred to as Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile app. 

But it can be misleading when googling it and the results come up as Acrobat Mobile app.

It is a little misleading.

You're basically running a mobile freeware or better said, an open source version  of  the Acrobat Reader  to view, fill, sign, comment, sign and print, alongside with an Adobe Acrobat PDF editing proprietary code that is unlocked with a paid subscription.

With a paid subscription the  premium basic editing features are enabled as soon as  you sign in with your AdobeID in your app.

As far as the Adobe Scan is concerned, that is a design feature; scanned documents will always be uploaded to the Document Cloud and the user is provided with the option to  download to your device. 

And here is the value of that; this feature basically allows any person to continue to work  with a document on the fly while access to an office  scanner is not possible.

At the same time, as soon as the document is scanned it uploads to the Document Cloud making it accessible to any computer device regardless of geographical distance.

For some reason this feature seems to irritate a lot of users, mostly Apple users, in my humble opinion.

But anyway, As far as I know, Adobe has not announced any future plans about empowering users with  the Adobe Scan app to be able to save scanned  files directly to a local storage location in the mobile device soon after the scan is performed.

If it helps to answer you inquiry better, the Adobe Mobile Team answered this same question in another thread that was posted back in 2017.

They said that with the iOS that you can manually copy the files from Locations/Browse/Adobe Scan. Then long press on the file and select Copy.

Then navigate to Locations/Browser/On My iPad, for example, and paste it there.

In my opinion, this is the long method and somewhat tedious.

With the Adobe Scan app you  can easily accomplish the same result with only three clicks (or taps) away.

See my slides:

1. With Adobe Scan opened, take a picture of the document you want to scan                                                            
  2.  Click on Save PDF                                                                             
  3. Then click on More                      
  4.  Then Copy to Device

You will see a message popup indicating "Saved to Documents Folder".

20200217_202609.jpg

20200217_202804.jpg

20200217_202919.jpg

20200217_203148.jpg

I hope that this long answer can  help you, and others, to re-discover the value in this app the way it was design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No me da la

opción de copiar a lo dispositivo 

iOS móvil 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hola, es iOS iPhone 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a screenshot of what you see when you scan a document?

Are you not able to save the document from the Document Cloud to "On My iPhone" -->> Snapseed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

302FCB0A-63BC-4553-A0B6-F097F8235648.png5F64C802-7DEB-426A-9E88-59BE2DAC4F76.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Llegó en blanco su
Mensaje está vacío

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines