• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader DC 15.023 silent install command

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone please advise what the silent switch is now to install adobe reader dc 15.023 for the exe as I cant find any msi installer and the usually silent switches are all failing. This s getting very tiresome as they seem to keep changing the switches from one release to another.

I have tried these so far and non work.

/qn

/qn ALLUsers=2

/S

/s

/quiet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Hi Dons3534843,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Please refer to the article in the link below for details and step wise information on the same:

Windows cmd line and msiexec — Enterprise Administration Guide

Let me know if you still need help with it.

Thanks,

Supriya

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dons3534843,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Please refer to the article in the link below for details and step wise information on the same:

Windows cmd line and msiexec — Enterprise Administration Guide

Let me know if you still need help with it.

Thanks,

Supriya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did this get marked as the answer. Did you even read the question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got a 404 error on this URL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like Adobe have reorganised their web site. Again. I do wish web site designers were given the job of keeping all old links working, FIRST, and then adding fabulous new stuff SECOND. Anyway, the enterprise deployment guide is here Acrobat-Reader Enterprise Toolkit Home  and the Forum for discussing it is here: Enterprise Deployment (Acrobat and Reader)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is not helpful at all.  it was a simple question what is the switch that will provide a silent install.   not to go read the manual... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If we would have to read the manual to answer you, we prefer that you do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try reading the question. OP said they couldn't find the MSI and therefore the answer of "go read the MSI manual" is less than useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lloydw73533960  wrote

this is not helpful at all.  it was a simple question what is the switch that will provide a silent install.   not to go read the manual... 

I'm just going to through it out there... One of the key teachings for A+ Certification is read the manual. If you have looked at the documentation and still need assistance, then, go ask for help. I get some manuals are pretty thick, and even hard to understand... But this documentation flat out lists the switches and how to do everything pretty clear. One shouldn't be upset when asked to go read the manual especially when it is as clear as this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the problem is that it's the wrong manual.  The OP specifically asked about exe switches.  This manual is for MSI switches.  I guess understanding things isn't the job of a sysadmin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ACTUAL answer to this question is /sAll. I don't know why Adobe makes this so hard, but this works:

setup.exe /sAll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unzipping the executable with 7zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I always thought that reading the documentation was the sysadmin's job. Indeed, it's having read the documentation that makes them a sysadmin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, of course the other mark of a sysadmin would have been to offer the right documentation, not a completely irrelevant link.   😉

Bootstrapper Deployment — Enterprise Administration Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When typing this

AcroRdrDC1901020098_en_US.exe /?

These are the available parameters

Therefore, i tried

AcroRdrDC1901020098_en_US.exe /sAll /rs

BTW, i am pushing this install/update/upgrade via PDQ Deploy as I needed this be pushed right away.

This parameter allowed me to deploy the latest Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The documentation covers how to extract the MSI and MSP from the EXE, which is the starting point for most choices in deployment.

I must say I am surprised at the attitude of people who claim to be sysadmins but don't want to read a manual. To me the sysadmin is basically an ordinary user who is prepared to read manuals. Yeah, yeah, we're all busy, read the damn manual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Must say...  Came here looking for official documentation for our tech's repository, and I was shocked at the attitude from the company itself.  The community, not the company, provided not only the solution, but also the correct documentation.  Adobe was wrong, and then got mad that they didn't have it together.  Perhaps I'll madate Foxit and Phantom, as your updated EULA which allows for the collection of PII is rubbing me wrong to begin with. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What they said ^

If you're not sure, you can almost always type setup.exe /?

Adobe Reader DC also has an .msp and a .ini file that control some things.

Basically, setup.exe calls AcroRead.msi, and then the .msp file updates it to the most current version.  The .ini file is what calls out which .msi and .msp setup.exe uses. 

You should also download the adobe acrobat customization wizard, which you can use to change the behavior of the install.  You should really read the manual though, they spell it all out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines