Highlighted

How to stop/disable Adobe Acrobat Sign in prompt when opening pdf file

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I am seeing for multiple users that have latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC that every time when trying to open a pdf file the Adobe Acrobat Sign in prompt pops up, please let me know if there is any option to not get this sign in prompt or is this a mandatory feature to be able to use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC?

the environment is mix of Windows 7, Windows 10 and few Macs High Sierra and Mojave  The Adobe sign in prompt is only coming up for few folks, the others like myself can open pdf file without being prompted to sign in

Hello Furqangraham,

Adobe Reader does not ask for a force sign-in to read PDF files. However we recently signed-out users with un-verified Adobe IDs.

For such users, we show a sign-in prompt when they launch the application, to let them know that they have been signed out and they can sign back again. This is not a force sign-in. The red-cross button on the top-left should make the sign-in dialog go away.

Ask the users to download the latest version of Adobe Reader 2019.008.20074 from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Adobe Reader.

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to stop/disable Adobe Acrobat Sign in prompt when opening pdf file

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I am seeing for multiple users that have latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC that every time when trying to open a pdf file the Adobe Acrobat Sign in prompt pops up, please let me know if there is any option to not get this sign in prompt or is this a mandatory feature to be able to use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC?

the environment is mix of Windows 7, Windows 10 and few Macs High Sierra and Mojave  The Adobe sign in prompt is only coming up for few folks, the others like myself can open pdf file without being prompted to sign in

Hello Furqangraham,

Adobe Reader does not ask for a force sign-in to read PDF files. However we recently signed-out users with un-verified Adobe IDs.

For such users, we show a sign-in prompt when they launch the application, to let them know that they have been signed out and they can sign back again. This is not a force sign-in. The red-cross button on the top-left should make the sign-in dialog go away.

Ask the users to download the latest version of Adobe Reader 2019.008.20074 from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Adobe Reader.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Furqangraham,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, what is the dot version of Adobe Reader installed? To identify the version, please take help from the article Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

You may also refer to the following Adobe article to disable the sign in prompt in Acrobat/Reader Disable sign in launching Acrobat DC with serialized Creative Cloud for Enterprise

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Anand

The version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC I have installed is version 2019.008.20074

on my pc I am able to open pdf files without getting prompted to sign in but other users in the company I work at when they open any pdf files, they are getting prompted to sign in with Adobe ID

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Furqangraham,

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC DOES have an issue that has slipped passed your QA team.

System: MacOS Catalina 10.15.2

Browser: Fire Fox Developer Edition 73.0b1 (64-bit)

App: Acrobat Reader DC version 2019.021.20061 (latest version for Mac).

Repro Steps:

Setup:

According to message above, unverified Adobe IDs have been signed-out.  Therefore it is necessary to recreate this condition according to Adobe's internal processes.

Steps:

Open browser and download PDF.

Open PDF from BROWSER'S downloaded files window/option.

Expected:

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC launches successfully and end-user able to scroll/read.

Result:

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC launches sucessfully and loads PDF.  A few seconds later the "Sign-in" window appears prompting user for credentials.  This "Sign-in" window CANNOT be dismissed using the red X in window frame nor can one scroll the main window with PDF loaded.

NOTE: Reboot of system DOES NOT resolve issue.

WORK AROUND:

Launch Adobe Acrobat Reader DC application directly -- not via browser downloads or double-clicking PDF. 

Use the applications File->Open menu to load a PDF. 

When "Sign-in" window appears, dismiss using the red X in window frame. 

From this point forward, the application will not present "Sign-in" window if launched from browser or double-clicking PDF.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In Adobe Reder, edit, preferences, Accessibility, see if by unchecking some of the options at the bottom of that section helps.

Also , the following solution applies to MS Windows but I think you can use it as a rederence to edit the .plists:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/enterprise-teams/disable-signin-sign-out-adobe-acrobat-dc/td-p/776913... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no "red X in the Window frame". I am looking for an alternative to DC Pro and Acrobat. This is a pain in the butt.

stevenc53253194_0-1599572147395.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you're actually posting an inquiry.  And In your screenshot there is MS Word also without a red "X", so I don't know what is this complaining about.

Did you mean that when you click on the "X" to close that Acrobat Sign-In window it doesn't do anything or did you actually hover the mouse pointer over it and it doesn't turn red when you do this?

Looks like you're using MS Windows 10. 

So maybe you'll need to refresh the desktop theme or manage some preferences.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help!: I'm on Mac 10.11.6. I recently created an Adobe account to use some feature Acrobat Reader said would be enabled if I signed in. So I created an account. Turned out whatever the feature I had searched for *could* be turned out BUT only for a monthly fee. So I didn't proceed. I signed in/created the account via Apple as that was an option and I didn't want to use FB or Google. NOW, every damn time I want to open one of the hundreds of simple PDFs I've created over the years I can't just double click on them (NOR does going to File > Open and selecting the file). The sign in pop-up still persists and there is no way out of it. There IS NO "red cross button" on the top left. How do I possibly turn off this incredibly annoying "feature"?  Thank you to anyone that can help. I am trying not to rant about how BigBrother intrusive this is.  Thank you. (Some other "solved" post on another site suggested navigating to Library > Adobe > SLStore and turning something off. I can find no such file/folder anywhere on my Mac.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

go to https://account.adobe.com to manage you account.

If you created an AdobeID your login is the primary email address that you used to associate it wit the AdobeID.

If you're able to login online, click on "View Plan Details". It will bring you to another landing page, check if there are any billing discrepancies. If you do see that you're getting charged for something that you didn't subscribed contact Adobe Customer Care directly.

In addtion,  scroll down all the way to the bottom of that page and see if you have more than one active computer device associated with this account.

If you see more than one active computer device, remove or deactivate and only leave active the computer device that you're currently using.

The other step is to go to Apple and see what subscriptions are associated with Acrobat or anything related to Adobe and deactivate from there.

To check if you have access to your document go here:

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/documents 

and follow this basic guidance: https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/manage-files.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help! I am getting bogged down with having to sign in with user name and id every time I open a pdf. Its my home computer so I hope I don't have to do this. THis requirement is brand new, I used to not have to do that with my Acrobat Reader DC (for last 2 years). I searched the help forum, and couldn't find anythign for a Microsoft surface pro tablet (if that makes a difference). Are there clear and easy instructions on this? I have version: 2020.012.20043.

Thank you very much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to this link:

Click on "Manage Plans". In the next landing page, scroll down to the end of that page and see the section for active devices.

It ispossible that if you have more than one computing device (where you have used  your Acrobat subscription), you may have to deactivate or remove those devices and only leave active the computer device that you're currently using to sign in.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I followed the link above and was able to deactivate one account, so I now have only one active account, but I am still having to sign in each time. It didn't solve the problem. Do you have any other ideas on how I can avoid having to sign in each time I open a pdf document?

Thank you for any help or insight.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
ls_rbls LATEST
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only observation that I can think of is if the documents that you're trying to access are shared documents? Or,  if you when you try repairing the Acrobat installation the problem goes away or not.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC