Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDFs are deleted after opened with Adobe Reader DC

New Here ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

actually I experiencing real wired trouble with the Adobe Reader DC.

When i open a pdf in the Adobe reader and close the reader the document will be deleted from the hdd.

When I'm using another viewer everything is fine.

Do you also have experiences like that?

Thanks for your Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never heard of anything like that happening because of Reader. I would run an Anti-Virus on the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well now i tested and saw related articles and this solved it actually.

PDF files disappearing after closing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're sorry for the trouble, this has been reported to the Engineering team and for investigation would it be possible to collect the Process Monitor logs for the affected machine and share it with me in private message only. To send a private message, please take help from the article How Do I Send  Private Message | Adobe Community

Steps to collect the Process Monitor Logs:

Download Acrobat and Reader Process Monitor Tool - Adobe Labs

• Download the utility from the above link & Double click AcroMon.exe.
  • Check Advanced Logging. The default setting just collects minidumps.
  • Choose the target application (Acrobat or Reader).
  • Choose Start. The application is launched automatically.
  • If a User Account Control prompt appears, choose Yes to give the Process Monitor permission to run.
  • Perform the workflow where you are seeing the problem (the crash or freeze).
  • Choose Stop Monitor.
  • If a User Account Control prompt appears, choose Yes to give the Process Monitor permission to run.
  • Choose Exit.
  • Wait for AcroMonitor icon to disappear from the taskbar (if it does not close, choose Exit).
  • Go to %temp%/AcroMon/ to view the logs (C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\AcroMon)
  • Upload it to Adobe Document Cloud Storage Adobe Document Cloud
  • Generate the share link, and share the link in Private message only How Do I Send  Private Message | Adobe Community

Thanks all for your time and patience thus far.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Could you Please check if the file actually gets Deleted from the location or gets hidden at that location.

Can you please check after doing a Refresh (Right click -> "Refresh" (F5) ) and see if the file is visible again after this ?

Also we would need ProcMon Logs to triage this further.

1) Download ProcMon application : from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon ,

2) Launch procmon.exe.

3) Do the Steps/Workflow that you are facing issue with, in Reader DC.

4) Save the logs captured in ProcMon at the end and share that log file with us

You can send those logs to me privately then.

Thanks

Ayush Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Acrobat engineering is investigating this issue on priority and already working with some of you to narrow down the problem which is happening in some specific environments only. Do continue sending us the Process Monitor logs for investigation which are really helpful. It would be great if some of you can also do remote session with us for investigations. Please reach out to me or AnandSri by sending Private message.

Thanks,

Vishal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

After investigation, it seems that the Forcepoint Endpoint seems to be the problem and causing this issue, would it be possible to check by disabling the Forecpoint Endpoint.

You may also find the copy of the files in %tmp% folder.

Please let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Greetings!

Thanks for your patience and for your cooperation.

After analyzing the logs shared by few users, we found that the primary cause of the file disappearing issue is due to the Forcepoint Endpoint.

Forcepoint has recommended to the users who reported this to their support team to upgrade the application to the latest version 19.06 and it seems that it solves the issue for them.

If you are not using Forcepoint and experiencing the file disappearing issue, then please share the following details so that we can assist you in a better way and get this resolved.

• The version of Adobe Reader installed? To identify, please take help from Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC
  • The version of the operating system installed?
  • The version of the security software installed?
  • The complete workflow through which you can reproduce, the issue with basic file open/close workflow or some other workflow such as edit & save.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines