• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADOBE Acrobat SDK Download

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please assist me? If we download the Open source Acrobat SDK and use some of the VB modules to manipulate PDF files. Is the VB EXE application subject to some sort licensing "use rules"? Can the EXE be deployed to execute on a Server so that any user using the exe can benefit from the outcome?

Your guidance on this matter would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is something not well explained. The Acrobat SDK is only a set of tools to automate Adobe Acrobat. It is not Adobe giving away open source PDF tools.

1. Each user (individual person, not machine) needs their own licensed copy of Adobe Acrobat Pro or Adobe Acrobat Standard. 

2. The free Acrobat Reader does not contain most interfaces (except as noted in the API document)

3. Installing Acrobat on a server is strictly forbidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Test Screen Name,

Thank you for you response.

I dont want to install Adobe on my server, and my PC's all have their own versions of adobe Pro, Standard obvouiosly have licesnces assigned to them. But the reader or the view of webread is open for download. None of the above are whats in question.

What I meant is the SDK alows me to access Adobe class files that can be reference openly in your programming. This programming development alows me to build a Visual basic application wich I compile and can then run on a server. The application watches for PDF's created by Crystal Report Writer and then aloows me to manipulate the contents like file names, and specific details , like splitting pages adding pages etc to the PDF wich then gets written back as a Dowloadable PDF file. to be read by the regular tools as mentioed above.

My question is am I violating some sort of licene agrement using the SDK class files? I dont belive so as Adobe is giving developers options to extend their use of their products. And to furthe automate this useage. 

Hope this clarifies the question a little more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make an EXE and put it on the server but it won't run because Acrobat isn't on the server. The SDK and class files don't contain any PDF editing tools. They just talk to Acrobat. 

The class files come with Acrobat NOT the SDK; you must not distribute them because they are covered by the Acrobat license. But they would be useless by themselves anyway. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh Thanks for the explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be interested to know that Adobe have some brand new web-based APIs for doing certain kinds of task hosted on Adobe's servers. Don't know much about them, but may suit you. https://www.adobe.io/apis/documentcloud/dcsdk/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This looks like a workable solution. Thnaks for sharing I will review and try and incopiorate into our workflow. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines