• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Access denied" error when attempting to open documents in Acrobat via interapplication communicatio

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to open a PDF in Acrobat via interapplication communication, by using the .Open() method of an AVDoc object created from the .GetAVDoc() method of an App object (after using .Close() to close a document that was previously open in the same AVDoc object). However, when I attempt to do this, Acrobat produces an "access denied" message. I am able to open the document directly from Acrobat without problem, and via the .Open() method of an AVDoc object created by Dispatch("AcroExch.AVDoc"), but I want to use a menu command on a large number of documents, so I need to automatically open documents attatched to an App object. The problem occurs with all PDFs.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Closing the AVDoc is the end of the AVDoc. You cannot use it to open another document. The AVDoc is not a container into which documents are opened, it is the document itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then how come I can close one document and open another with an AVDoc object created via Dispatch("AcroExch.AVDoc")?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a new instance after closing the old one. From the documents

"Open
Opens a file. A new instance of AcroExch.AVDoc must be created for each displayed PDF file"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By the way, if your "large number" is more than about 100, I suggest you will find this is unworkable without restarting Acrobat often. Acrobat is an interactive tool with only very limited, low volume, automation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines