Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set value to radio buttons and get the sum of the selected radio buttons

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I need help in setting values to radio buttons and getting the sum of the selected radio buttons. 

Please note that I am a novice and am excited to learn more about this. 

I am creating this form for a client and each radio button should have its value. 
For example,

Choice1 == "0"; 
Choice2 == "1";
Choice3 == "2";
Choice4 == "3";

it's the same with the rest of the radio buttons. 

Each question is grouped so in SCORE1, there are 5 groups. 

default3ex66hddfnl1_0-1625483515463.png

this is what I've done so far, setting a value for each radio button.. not sure if this is the best option. 

default3ex66hddfnl1_1-1625483732257.png

I'm really lost with the total text field where it should get the sum of the selected radio buttons only. 
So say in: 
Group1, Choice1 is selected then value is at 0;
then add the choice on group2 which is at 1 and so forth. 
Let me know how to go from here. Thank you! 

default3ex66hddfnl1_2-1625483830312.png

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Why not simply edit the Radio Button Choice values from "Choice1", "Choice2", etc. to "1", "2", etc.?

Then you could use the fields directly in the Sum option of the Calculate tab of your total text field. No scripts necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not simply edit the Radio Button Choice values from "Choice1", "Choice2", etc. to "1", "2", etc.?

Then you could use the fields directly in the Sum option of the Calculate tab of your total text field. No scripts necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @try67 thank you for your response. It actually worked! I never thought it could be that simple. 
I have another issue: when doing a preview of the document on Adobe Acrobat, the calculations worked but when I saved the document, closed it and re-opened it to try ==it does not automatically calculate .. it looked like the calculations are not saved. 

Let me know how to move forward. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should not be the case. What do you mean by "doing a preview in Acrobat", though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @try67  i explained my issue on this loom video: https://www.loom.com/share/0aecbe0d5eda4a30a637bcda16b1d7b1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not use Apple Preview! It corrupts PDF files, especially form fields (as you saw), just by opening the file.

You should only view it using Adobe Reader or Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, try67.  Just what I needed.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines