• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Template Spawns with Generic Field Without Name

Engaged ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with a form I've been developing where spawning a page turns half of the text fields and one combobox into this generic field without a name (instead of saying text or combo in properties, it just says field).

I have a four page form with pg. 0 as the cover page and selections made on that will spawn one of the other three pages. The other three pages spawn great and page 0 is the least complex of all the pages.

There's also a button on the three spawned pages that will delete the cover page then show a button that will spawn the template back to page 0 if required. I figured out through trial and error that I needed to spawn the cover page and hide the original, otherwise page 0 would be deleted.

The code is really simple to create the field and no different than the way the others are created, spawning to 1 and using bRename and bOverlay as false.

this.getTemplate("Cover").spawn(1, false, false);

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

That usually means there's some kind of corruption in the file. Try deleting the fields, saving the file under a new name, re-opening it and then re-adding them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That usually means there's some kind of corruption in the file. Try deleting the fields, saving the file under a new name, re-opening it and then re-adding them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to further my understanding on templates, if I make a change to the master (original page) does that automatically update the template or do I have to delete the template and recreate it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it automatically updates it. The page is the Template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines