Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to print pdfs on Mac OS X Sierra

Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, since I updated my Mac from OS X El Capitan to Sierra, I'm facing several problems. One is, that can't print PDFs anymore (other file types o.k.). I get the message:

Gestoppt "Filter" fehlgeschlagen

What kind of "Filter" is the system talking about?

Anyway, I thought maybe reinstalling Acrobat Reader would help, but that won't work either. In the middle ion "Paketskripte ausführen" it tells me:

Derzeit wird eine Instanz von Adobe Reader ausgeführt. Schließen Sie die Anwendung für alle Benutzer und wiederholen Sie den Vorgang

To what "instanz" is the system referring and what "Anwendung" should I close.

I'm completely stuck. Can you help? Thanks a lot, Mojo

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mojom61859211

Could you please try resetting the printer system and see if it works.

Try to follow the steps given in this link : OS X Mavericks: Reset the printing system.

Let me know the results.

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank you. The printer system is working alright. I finally solved the problem by just kicking Adobe Acrobat Reader out of my system. After that I opened a PDF simply by Chrome and printed it without any problem. Thanks again and kind regards, Mojo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a similar problem. Since upgrading my OS from El Capitan to Sierra I cannot print some .pdfs. The screen image is fine, but the printed image is either blank, or parts of the page are missing. Im currently using Reader v.2020.013.20074. I can print fine using other software e.g. PDFPen.

Please can you resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines