• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to submit Editable PDF form to web-service on mobile devices

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a editable form with the help of Acrobat DC which has few fields and a submit button with action to submit to web-service url. The form data is submited to the url fine on desktop browsers. But does not work on mobile Acrobat Reader. 

We also tried using JavaScript to connect to the soap web-service but the url is not called when I open the PDF in Mobile Acrobat Reader. 

Is this feature available on mobile acrobat reader? If no then do we have any other options to achive this functionality?

Any ideas, kindly share.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution not found yet, mentioned method not working and mentioned threads are old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok , are you saying that when you click on the submit button using Acrobat on a desktop computer, it will automatically open the URL in the default browser specified in Adobe Acrobat or defaulted by the operating system?

I used that old link for a solution that worked for me and the explanation is still valid when it comes to trying to open an URL embedded in a PDF form using Adobe Acrobat mobile.

What is strange in your case, is that with the use of the button and javascript it should've work.

If you are subscribed to Adobe Acrobat Pro you should also be able to unlock some premium editing features in the acrobat mobile app. You have to log in to with your user  account using your mobile app.

So what I'm thinking is, if it would make a difference if you try to use the submit button again but while you are logged in to your account.

I know this does not make any sense , but is just trial and error.

The other thing I can think of is if you can share the code that was used for the submit button and briefly describe the steps that were followed when the URL was incorporated in the script.

Hopefully soomeone can try and reproduce the issue and help here with a better answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually my requirement is to call external web api using "Submit a form"/ "Run a Javascript" action of button, which is working perfectly on desktop/laptop but not in mobiel devices(iOS and Android).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does you use "Submit a form" or "Run a Javascript" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines