• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What Adobe package do I need in order to create forms?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am needing to create a number of editable forms for a project.  Which Adobe version do I need to purchase.  I have Adobe DC now.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

You need Adobe Acrobat ​DC (either Standard or Pro).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need Adobe Acrobat ​DC (either Standard or Pro).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have DC Standard, but I'm not able to figure out how to create a form from an existing PDF file? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Tools > Prepare Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an interesting reply because when I try to edit a form in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, I receive a message saying that I need to have something called Live Cycle Designer.  Enlightenment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because that file was originally created using that application, so you must have it to be able to edit it now, unless you convert it to a static PDF file and create the form fields in Acrobat, from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I "convert" it to a "static" pdf?

It was created in Acrobat Pro XI.

Do I need to save it in another format in Acrobat Pro XI or can I "save" it to a "static" format from within Acrobat Pro DC?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's one option, yes. You can export the file to an image format (like TIFF or PNG) and then create a PDF from that image in Acrobat.

If you're on a Windows machine you can also use the virtual Adobe PDF printer to do it, by sending the file to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

There is no application called "Adobe DC". Adobe is a software company that makes a wide spectrum of different applications.

PDF forms creation requires Acrobat Pro (version DC or older): Adobe Document Cloud | Adobe Acrobat DC

For HTML/PHP forms I don't know…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(either Standard or Pro).

There is no form editor in Standard version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you....looks like I need to upgrade to Pro.  I appreciate the feedback. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course there is. The only thing missing is access to doc-level scripts.

And your link is broken, but this one shows it clearly (search for "fillable PDF forms"): Plans and pricing: Compare plans | Adobe Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course there is. The only thing missing is access to doc-level scripts.

OK. 😉

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe LiveCycle Designer (and its various names over the years) is being replaced by Adobe Experience Manager Forms Portal. See:

Rather than traditional software that you purchase and install on your computer, this is a web service which for many can be more convenient and cost-effective.

You can also create new forms in Adobe InDesign (desktop publishing), add much of the form field processing there, export to PDF, and finalized the form in Acrobat Pro.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines