• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe this is a big problem - unacceptable and misleading trial offer? Hoping for a solution!

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed up for a Document Generation trial - it's been great. 

I've spent months learning Adobe Document Generation API and developing a system to make use of it.

However, now that I'm ready to subscribe, it seems that's not possible.

I've sent multiple messages via the Adobe Sales Contact Us forms, but heard nothing in reply.

I now learn that, for some reason, there are multiple posts in this forum suggesting this API is unavailable in Australia.

Adobe, some help please:

• Can somebody please clarify the situation?
  • If the API is not available, why wouldn't Adobe (and any developer) regard this as an unacceptable and misleading situation? It's clear from my account details that I'm in Australia and using an Australian email address. 
  • Surely offering and providing a trial account to a person carries some implicit assurance that the service is available to them?
  • If truely not available, this seems a significant risk for many Adobe developers and projects. And how do we recoup our time and costs using the trial?

My ideal outcome is to be able to subscribe and use the Document Generation API (paying corporate client).  Adobe (or anyone), I'm sincerely hoping there's a solution.

Thanks

-P 

----

Example posts of API not being available in Australia:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone with this issue should also note the official Adobe Australian Press Release announcing the Adobe Document Generation API is available. Surely Adobe issuing this Australian press release and offering the trial to Australian developers means Australian developers can reasonably expect the service is available to us? Maybe the service being unavailable for paid subscription is an unintended glitch?

Adobe Press Release ("Sydney, Australia - 26 Jul 2021):

New Adobe Document Services APIs Unlock the Possibilities of PDF

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/cc/au/newsroom/pdf/2021/210726_Final_Media_Alert_New_Adobe_Documen... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another brief note - the Adobe API is promoted on Microsoft's Power Automate / Sharepoint platforms - and refers to the same sales process that does not seem to work for Australian customers (in my experience and for others who have posted on this forum). If there isn't some way around this problem, I'm guessing Adobe will want to let Microsoft and Microsoft Customers in Australia (and in any other countries affected) know this is the case?

(If this is a glitch, the scale of it seems worth addressing as a priority). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@P28059586brzp - it would be great if you could update this ticket if you hear back from the Australian Sales Team after emailing Ahmed. 

When I did, they only offered a massive enterprise subscription which was out of reach (in terms of price) for what we need the service for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dominic, I've replied below (see "An Update").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please shoot me a note at amohssen@adobe.com

I can conenct you with the Australian sales team. The AWS Marketplace subscription is not available in Australia, you can still purchase direct from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update:

Important note for developers – there are two API subscription options on AWS: US and International. Anyone seeing these will assume they’re covered by one or the other, but this is not the case. It turns out that, right now, Adobe’s (misnamed) “International” subscriptions are only available in 36 countries (see link below).

I haven’t spoken to the Australian Sales Team, but I gather the minimum contract here may be around 100,000 transactions for $5000 USD. If this is the case, it fits Dominic’s “massive enterprise subscription” (see post above) that is out of reach for his company needs (mine too) and likely 99% of others.

This is a pity. We’re all here because we’re keen, we’re leading adopters and developers, and we see the potential of Adobe’s API services.

Another note - the Adobe API is being promoted by Microsoft within Power Automate for general business use (via Adobe API subscription). But, as we now know, that subscription is not currently available at a viable cost/scale for those outside Adobe's 36 "International" countries. IMHO this International service gap needs an urgent Adobe and/or Microsoft response.

I was thankful for Ahmed contacting me. I gather there are some broader wheels in motion. I’m sure he will post any news.

-Paul

Link to “International” countries list: https://developer.adobe.com/document-services/docs/overview/pdf-services-api/awsmarketplace/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did anyone found the solution? I am in the same boat. Working with a start-up and we have started using Adobe pdf services api (free trial) and now that we want to get subscription, it seems not allowed in Australia!

What are my options now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kushal,

Please contact me directly (amohssen@adobe.com) and I'll assist you.

Thanks,
Ahmed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Ahmed,

Sent you an email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources