• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

acrobat pro dc "this feature is not included in your current acrobat license" dialog selecting "Create PDF"

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Creative Cloud license.  I installed Acrobat Pro DC on my Mac.  When I select "Create PDF" from the Tools tab, I get a dialog box with "this feature is not included in your current acrobat license".  I have already contacted my adobe administrator at work and they confirmed I am licensed. 

The same dialog comes up for "Edit PDF" and "Export PDF".

I have tried this on 2 different Mac with my login, and experienced the same issue.  (One is El Capitan, and the other is Yosemite OS)

Please advise on how to get this working.

Thanks!

John

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

This solved my problem:

1. Close acrobat

2. open regedit

3. goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\Activation

4. change "Disabled" to 1

5. restart acrobat

6. click on activate when the screen pops up

7. restart acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please double check if you are trying to edit the PDF in Acrobat DC not Acrobat  Reader DC.

Regards

Megha Rawat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The about says acrobat pro DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to sign out and sign back in.

You will see the option on the top right hand side.

Regards

Megha Rawat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No change. Also, I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Same behavior. Very puzzling, but hopefully you have some more ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still doesn't work.  What else should I try?  I am working on a project and need this to work soon/now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2015 Nov 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have not been able to resolve this issue yet. Please provide additional steps to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what do you want to make a PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I am on MAC OS X El Capitan and I have a Creative Cloud Team account. I am using Acrobat PRO DC not the reader and I cannot get it to edit etc. as I get This feature is not included in your current Acrobat license. How do I make it work? I have signed out and back in but it still does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to the Acrobat menu and look at the ABOUT item.

1. Does it say About Acrobat Pro, About Acrobat Reader DC, or something else?

2. If you choose that, what version do you see? This will be something like 2015.213.12434 and perhaps the word continuous or classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says Adobe Acrobat PRO DC

Version 2015.009.20077

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Continuous or Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Continuous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I am on MAC OS X El Capitan and I have a Creative Cloud Team account. I am using Acrobat PRO DC not the reader and I cannot get it to edit etc. as I get This feature is not included in your current Acrobat license. How do I make it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue:

When I check the About section it says this:

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

2015 Release (Continuous) | Version 2015.009.20079

But I think I figured it out everyone! It looks like the problem occurs if you open the PDF file from an explorer window. Simply try launching Acrobat Pro DC from the Creative Cloud instead and THEN open your PDF from INSIDE Acrobat Pro DC. I tried both ways and I wasn't allowed to edit my PDF when I just double-clicked it. But when I launched the program and then loaded my file I was able to edit the PDF just fine, I didn't get a "Learn More" prompt!

I hope this solves everyone's problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I was on the phone yesterday with Acrobat support for about 1-1/2 hours and he could not figure out what was wrong. He did remove a few things from my computer and I ran Acrobat under a Guest profile which still would not work. So he said he would have to investigate more and would call me back. After I booted my MAC back up I went into Acrobat and now everything works. Don't know if it was something he did, or because I signed out and back in to Creative Cloud or the fact that he said he would look on the back end and my membership.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad that everything works for you now! For anyone else that's still having problems accessing the Pro features of Acrobat DC I suggest that you try what I said in my last post above. When I'm on the Creative Cloud App it actually says the program I have installed is called just "Acrobat DC" and not "Acrobat Pro DC". But when I open the program and look at the about section it tells me that it is in fact "Acrobat Pro DC" (continuous version). This leads me to believe that whatever issue is causing this problem is on Adobe's side and not the users (Adobe needs to get it together and work on making CC less buggy in general in my opinion). The fact that I can access the Pro features by simply opening the program from the CC App, coupled with the fact that I cannot access Pro features when I click directly on a PDF in my files makes me think that someone should create a ticket for Adobe to address this mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2016 Aug 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pyrotechNick

How do I launch the program from the Cloud?  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up creating a new email alias, firstname@domain.com instead of firstname.lastname@domain.com . In the Adobe management console, I then assigned Acrobat DC to this ‘new’ email address. I then had to create a new Adobe user account, it then worked. The weird thing was that when I logged on with the original Adobe account the application claimed it was ‘Adobe Acrobat Pro DC’. With the new Adobe account, the application registered, correctly, as ‘Adobe Acrobat Standard DC’. Hope this helps! Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an enterprise version of CC, it might be that your computer has  not checked in or can not get out to the internet to activate. Check your proxy settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this for real?  You have to be connected to VIKI so your software works?  C'mon, no way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While many attempts have been made to answer this including adobe staff member the answer wasn't really resolved. I had this in our organisation. FYI, If you run adobe reader you don't have "Edit PDF" as its simply a reader or pdf viewer. if you get this "feature is not included in your current Acrobat license" it because the adobe acrobat pro DC version was first launched as a trial version and expired. It will need to be activated under your adobe ID account. in the bottom right corner of the software click on activate and register the product as your Adobe DC as your Adobe ID account and it should work. in the menu bar,  help> about check will not display the product info accurately. Your organisation should have adobe cloud licence activation throughput whitelisted through proxies and firewall so that shouldn't be an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved my problem:

1. Close acrobat

2. open regedit

3. goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\Activation

4. change "Disabled" to 1

5. restart acrobat

6. click on activate when the screen pops up

7. restart acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the equivalent fix for the Mac? I have a perpetual (license key) version of Acrobat Pro DC that refuses to export to Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what language is this response in?

Adobe customer service is terrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines