Highlighted

Error 28000. Installation of Acrobat Licensing Module has failed?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought Adobe Acrobat Pro DC from Amazon. I was able to verify my purchase and get an official serial number. However, whenever I attempt to install using the serial number, the installation process stops right before the end and displays this error:

"Error 28000.Installation of Acrobat Licensing Module has failed. For potential workarounds to this problem please refer to http://www.adobe.com/go/acrobat_installation_rollback"

And then it rolls back the installation and says "The wizard was interrupted before Adobe Acrobat DC could be completely installed."

I have tried the following:

1) Completely uninstalled all adobe acrobat programs (including a trial version).

2) Import new registry entry (see above link)

3) Ran Adobe Licensing Repair Tool (on the offchance that it might solve the issue, even though it's for Acrobat 8 and 9)

So far nothing has changed anything. Still getting the exact same error.

Any thoughts on how I might fix the issue would be much appreciated!

Edit: I am currently running Windows 8 64-bit.

Found a solution that worked for me.

Run -> regedit.exe

Navigate to the adobe directory: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe

Delete the entire Adobe directory of registry keys.

Hopefully if anyone else has the same problem, this solution will work for them.

Topics

Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error 28000. Installation of Acrobat Licensing Module has failed?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought Adobe Acrobat Pro DC from Amazon. I was able to verify my purchase and get an official serial number. However, whenever I attempt to install using the serial number, the installation process stops right before the end and displays this error:

"Error 28000.Installation of Acrobat Licensing Module has failed. For potential workarounds to this problem please refer to http://www.adobe.com/go/acrobat_installation_rollback"

And then it rolls back the installation and says "The wizard was interrupted before Adobe Acrobat DC could be completely installed."

I have tried the following:

1) Completely uninstalled all adobe acrobat programs (including a trial version).

2) Import new registry entry (see above link)

3) Ran Adobe Licensing Repair Tool (on the offchance that it might solve the issue, even though it's for Acrobat 8 and 9)

So far nothing has changed anything. Still getting the exact same error.

Any thoughts on how I might fix the issue would be much appreciated!

Edit: I am currently running Windows 8 64-bit.

Run -> regedit.exe

Hopefully if anyone else has the same problem, this solution will work for them.

Topics

Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is where I found the Adobe Licensing Repair Tool, which I have already downloaded and run. Also that link seems to apply to users that are having problems with the licensing stopping on installed software. I cannot even get the software to install in the first place.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run -> regedit.exe

4 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha it worked. After two day 8 hours, this finally fixed it. Thanks adrianscholl

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Pina LATEST
New Here ,
May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scared to death to deliete the entire Adobe registry. I have thousands of PDF documents in client files and I'm worried they will either disappear or fail to open-and all the Tools will be eliminated for combining, editing, etc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to

c:/prgramme filesx86/common file /adobe

Rename adobe to adobe.com (in case if you have no other adobe programmes)

c:/users/username/appdata/local/adobe

rename adobe folder

then install acrobat dc------------

let me know if it works

as it just worked for one of the users.

Ensure acrobat dc is downloaded and installed from adobe site .

4 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaming the common files\adobe folder to adobe.com worked for me! Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Installer should have this in it. Looks like ADOBE is letting users be their Engineers.  GIGO

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"go to

c:/prgramme filesx86/common file /adobe

Rename adobe to adobe.com (in case if you have no other adobe programmes)

c:/users/username/appdata/local/adobe

rename adobe folder

then install acrobat dc------------

let me know if it works

as it just worked for one of the users.

Ensure acrobat dc is downloaded and installed from adobe site ."

This actually worked for me!! Thank you!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much. been fighting with this for a long time and this solution worked for me!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also get this error while installing adobe acrobat dc. I have windows 8.1 64 bit installed. I followed the instructions given by adrianscholl but i still get the same error.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi prajal5, Did you try the steps at: Error: "Licensing has stopped working" | Windows ?

If the above workarounds do not work then please let me know the following:

1) What other Adobe Products are installed on the machine?

2) What is the file version of: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\P7\P7Native.dll

3 )Please follow the steps at: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/223300/ to enable installer logging and share the msi log from %temp% directory (log file name is MSIxxxx.log). [I have sent you my email details via private message]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the Adobe Licensing Repair Tool but it didn't work.

1) I have a. Adobe Air   b. Adobe Flash Player 17 NPAPI and c. Adobe Shockwave Player 12.1 Installed currently.

2)The file version of P7Native.dll is 7.0.0.324

3) I've mailed you the MSIxxxx.log file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the Error 28000 issue and a combination of adrianscholl and chetna's solution worked for me.

AdrianScholl's

Run -> regedit.exe

chetna's (with minor corrections)

Go to  c:\Program Files(x86)\common file\adobe

Rename the Adobe folder to Adobe.com

Ran the installer again and it finally worked with the combo of the two.

8 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both of the solutions has worked for me.Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The combination of AdrianSchool's and Chetna's suggestions worked for me--but after taking these steps I had to restart the computer. Then it worked perfectly. You guys saved me a trip to the computer shop. Thanks so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF
Add a group