• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insufficient data for an image

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new version of Adobe Acrobat DC (2015.006.30413), there are documents that were scanned and OCR by a Toshiba and e-bridge re-rite software that now give an "Insufficient data for an image" error upon opening. They can be opened in an older version of Adobe. This problem was not occurring until the update hit this morning.

The scans that don't work have some kind of image on the page -- logo, signature -- but straightforward documents seem to still work just fine.

Documents that were previously scanned and OCR'd also have the same symptoms as those files that we currently are scanning.

I appreciate any help given!!

Laura.

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Hi all,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC, Acrobat DC Classic 2015, Acrobat Reader DC Classic 2015, Acrobat 2017 and…

Please try it out an

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have EXACTLY the same problem.  Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks....

joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the concern. We are looking into this issue. We will update you soon when there is an update.

It would be great if you can share some sample files where you are facing this issue. It will help us to analyze and fix this issue asap.

You can share the file using Adobe send:

1. Launch your Application
  2. Switch to Toll Center view and Open Send & Track
  3. Click on “Select Files to Send”
  4. A dialog will open from where you can choose the file/s you want to share
  5. The workflow page will appear with the file/s to be shared prepopulated
  6. Click on Create Link
  7. Your Local files will be uploaded to the Document Cloud and a Public Link will be generated
  8. Share the link with us

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having this exact same issue with many pdf files that used to open just fine days ago  in pro ( and still open fine in unpatch acrobat reader)

I cannot send examples as they are all Medical records.

some file properties for two we have

Application = PdfCompressor6.5.51193

Producer CVision Technologies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

replying to Lovekesh Garg:

I work with Laura and she is not in the office today, however, I did follow your instructions and have uploaded a document.

This document is just lorum ipsum that I created in word. It is two pages of Lorum ipsum in different size fonts. I printed the document, scanned it through OCR re-rite software with the toshiba scanner, and now Adobe Acrobat will not open the file. It gives me the same error as Laura has mentioned.

Please note that when you click the link, it will open an example in the browser and the example works just fine. Once you download it and open it with the Adobe application installed on the computer, the error message will appear.

Here is the link:

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/7a8c8863-40f7-45fb-b833-28cf54c11773

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Please let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

Regards,

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i CAN CONFIRM FROM AN END USER STAND POINT THAT THIS DOCUMENT OPENS FINE WITH pRO PRIOR TO THE UPDATE ( AS I HAVE UNINSTALLED COMPLETELY AND REINSTALLED AND NOT PATCHED)
OTHERS ON MY NETWORK WHO HAVE PATCHED GET THE ERROR.

i HAVE A DIFFERENT IDEA THOUGH.

I THINK THIS MIGHT HAVE MORE TO DO WITH COMPRESSION THAN orc.

i have several documents where this error is thrown but they are not ocr'ed at all.

Just compressed pdfs. the link below is a page from such a file that does not work after the update.

https://crivellocarlson.sharefile.com/d-s3bfe81ac1314c7eb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the document. The team already working on this issue with the highest priority. We will soon update you about the fix.

Please stay tuned.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Adobe mark this as "Assumed Answered"? It seems like they know there is an issue, but has anything been done to fix it? This issue is effecting my entire business as we compress and OCR every document we have. We need a solution and quick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here for the last week after update. We are large litigation company, creating PDFs for our clients via multiple applications, including CVision and Acrobat. Multiple clients - multiple calls to our CS. Too many people got update and not able to open our PDF files. Any update when this issue will be fixed by Adobe? We spent too much money on Adobe products already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat, imaging for law firms using CVision. For now, it seems that JBIG2 is the problem. Turning it off and using CCIT G4 compression produces files the updated DC can handle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are working on a resolution on high priority, a fix has been identified and undergoing internal validations. We will share an update as soon as it is publically available.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also seeing this issue with Adobe Reader DC 2018.011.20036. Do you expect an update to be released for Reader at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any word yet?

This is a pretty major bug. Is there a convenient way to roll back to a prior update version? I'm having to refer my clients to Foxit and other Adobe alternatives, which is hardly good for Adobe's brand (or mine).

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing yet. Our company has suffered quite a negative impact from this as well. Hopefully we here something soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC, Acrobat DC Classic 2015, Acrobat Reader DC Classic 20...

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Thanks for your patience and support!

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far the patch seems to be working. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. It seems to be working for me so far.

I do wish, though, that Adobe had been a little more transparent about what the actual problem was. My tests indicated that the problem was image compression -- scanned docs with CCIT G4 were fine; JBIG2 docs triggered the error. I mentioned this twice on this forum, but never received confirmation.

Since the bug emerged, I stopped producing JBIG2 files for my clients. If Adobe had confirmed, or refuted, my conclusion, it might have helped others who needed to continue to convert paper to PDF.

In any event, as my livelihood depends on PDF, please don't interpret this as biting the hand that feeds. It's just that a more forthcoming dialogue would have been nice.

Best, Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks for confirming everyone!

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are still having this error after applying the patch. This does not happen when the document is first opened, it happens when a large document is open for a few hours. I get the same errors described in the patch notes (pages going white, insufficient data for an image, etc..) Was really hoping this was going to fix the issue, but alas it did not. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nearly 2.5yrs later and I still have this problem with 20.009.20074.61578 yet none of my other PDF-reading software has a problem, whether they be browsers, image editors, scanning software, or PDF tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as MikeWWOz: problem occurs in July 2020 with DC Reader version 2020.009.20067.  This seems to occur most consistently after I put my laptop to sleep with PDFs open using Reader, though I *think* I've seen it crop up the day following opening a PDF with my laptop still running overnight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!

3 systems updated and all work as expected.  On to the rest.  Thank you for a solution.  My paralegals were preparing to riot.  The answer came none too soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am still running into this problem. I was using Adobe Reader XI when it first happened, so I downloaded and installed Adobe Reader DC. I did the manual update, as soon as it finished installing and I'm still getting the same error message.

What else can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having same problem... have all updates applied.  Version 2018.011.20038.

Any more info on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There might be few files which are actually corrupted. Can you please share the files where you are facing this issue.

Also, was it working fine on an older version of Acrobat/Reader or any other software.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines