Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable Document Cloud Outlook Add-in

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Even after disabling all "Document Cloud" feature for Acrobat Pro DC via Adobe Customization Wizard DC, I'm still able to see this "Adobe Document Cloud For MS Outlook add-in" in Outlook.

AniqueNaushad_1-1646823040011.png

AniqueNaushad_0-1646822923386.png

Can you please tell is it disabled or not? or Is it expected to be there even after it is disabled?

If not, how can I disable this add-in via Customization Wizard?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click File on the Outlook menu.
Click Options on the File menu.
Click Add-ins.
Select COM Add-ins from the Manage drop-down.
Click Go.
Deselect Adobe Document Cloud for Microsoft Outlook - Acrobat.
Click OK.

Hope This Works,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perfect..finally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really helped.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it just keeps coming back.  It stays gone several days and then returns.  Is there any way to permanently remove this plugin/add-in?  I have 2 people who are having the same issue.  I've removed the add-in for both and it works, but not forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, every time your software is updated by Adobe, it is wiping out your preferences to turn off Adobe services.

And you're back to square one with the default settings to send your data to Adobe. Microsoft does the same in its apps, sending your data to their cloud service, OneDrive.

I believe this violates US antitrust and fairness practices.

To me, it's a form of fraud; we users are losing control over our content and Microsoft, Adobe, and other software manufacturers could be profitting from our data — information that we thought was ours and maybe even copyrighted.

If you're a US citizen, you might consider submitting a report to the FTC at https://www.ftc.gov

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Software companies should not force features on people.

I'm going to uninstall all Adobe products and go to a competitor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Software companies should not force features on people.

I'm going to uninstall all Adobe products and go to a competitor. 

By @Nigel Smart

Better find other options for Microsoft and Apple, too.

All of them have the same tactics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mind Microsoft storing attachements in their cloud as we use their cloud services. What is unnerving is that I don't know where these attachements go in the Adobe cloud, or what controls are in place to protect them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nigel Smart You can find the files stored in Adobe's Creative Cloud by launching the Creative Cloud manager app from your desktop or toolbar (look for the rainbow-colored infinity symbol). Once there, look for the Files menu and voila.

CCloud-Files.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aaron313423994ftg,

Thank you for reaching out.

As mentioned above, the option is enabled automatically. Could you please confirm if you noticed this behavior after any changes that might have been done then? 

Please share the application version details. We will check with the team and update you when we have more information about this.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with my Microsoft 365 version of Outlook.  Adobe Cloud Services slows, and at times completely prevents Outlook from opening.  It also prevents adding atatchments to emails.  I have opened Outlook as administrator and removed the Adobe Add Ins, not just disabled them.  A few days later, the Add Ins return and again slow Outlook.  Is it Microsoft or Adobe?  Microsoft has instructions for Administrators to install Adobe Add Ins to their clients-I am wondering if Microsoft is doing this to its own Microsoft 365 clients.  It is really slowing down Outlook and very friustrating! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. The plug-in becomes re-enabled even though I disable it using the instruction. An Adobe script runs in Outlook to re-enable the add-in. I just can't get rid of it. I've uninstalled Creative Cloud, but will try removing Acrobat to see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nigel Smart, the plug-in is installed as part of Acrobat so uninstalling Creative Cloud probably won't do much to stop it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In testing, the Add-in continues to populate after disabling within 24 hours. Instead of disabling the add-in, we are now removing the add-in (have to run Outlook as admin) in our environment. Will report back in a couple days to see if this comes back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The add-in continues to reinstall itself, even after deletion by an administrator.  The Add-in opens everytime you add an attchment to an emil, and actually prevents Outlook from starting if you are off-line, as it needs to access your online Adobe account before you can use Outlook.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helpful, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Faced the same issue, and really acknowledge the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a workaround to disable this crap definitely.

1. Close Outlook

2. Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\PDFMaker\Mail

3. Rename the "Outlook" folder, in my case: Outlook_DISABLE (put whatever you want)

4. Be happy.

When you do this, the add-in can't load on Outlook and it is shown with an error on the Add-ins management screen on Outlook.

Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the .dll file for this add-in. Will this still work or do I have to change the whole folder? I’m worried that some of the add-ins I need might stop working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, based on the logic, I believe the result will be the same. You just did it in a more specific way.
I don't use any Adobe add-ins, so I simply renamed the entire folder. However, keep an eye on the add-ins menu in Outlook to see if Document Cloud shows up again. If it does, you will need to choose between using all Adobe add-ins or not using any Adobe add-ins at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a hero. I have been trying to disable this stupid *** for months. Thank you! @AnandSri (I'm tagging you because you are an Adobe employee and you can influence this) Adobe fix this, not everyone will find this answer. If the plugin is disabled, it should not re-enable itself a few days later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marco35728271ztlz,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your suggestion.

You may also share your suggestion directly with the product team via the following page: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources