Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable Document Cloud Outlook Add-in

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Even after disabling all "Document Cloud" feature for Acrobat Pro DC via Adobe Customization Wizard DC, I'm still able to see this "Adobe Document Cloud For MS Outlook add-in" in Outlook.

AniqueNaushad_1-1646823040011.png

AniqueNaushad_0-1646822923386.png

Can you please tell is it disabled or not? or Is it expected to be there even after it is disabled?

If not, how can I disable this add-in via Customization Wizard?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This!

Finally, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion, this is not a good solution to the problem, because after the automatic update, the Outlook folder appears again and again... I think the best solution would be to add DWORD parameter "bAdobeSendPluginToggle" to the registry according to the Adobe instructions:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\FeatureLockDown\cCloud]
"bAdobeSendPluginToggle"=dword:00000001

But for some reason it doesn't work properly because of some bug.

I have already notified them about this issue and created a parallel thread on my own... I hope that the Adobe employees will noticed that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At last!!!  Well done and thanks for sharing this.  Worked for me.  It's dreadful that Adobe behaves this way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John, thank you for your feedback... I added bAdobeSendPluginToggle, but it doesn't work for me. Could you tell me the version of Adobe Reader DC you're using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johnls25712127_0-1710943029102.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same version 2024.001.20604, but Adobe Reader DC free... And what version of Outlook you have? Perhaps it also matters here, since I use Outlook 2019....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After digging well into the Microsoft Office group policies, I can say that I finally got my way and found the other way to block this unnecessary plugin. Just close Outlook and add this REG_SZ parameter to the registry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Resiliency\AddinList]
"AdobeAcroOutlook.SendAsLink"="0"

I think now this is already the best solution to this problem of course, unless Adobe renames this plugin... This method can be used by those for whom the bAdobeSendPluginToggle parameter did not work....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has some hjow inserted itself into my Firms's Outlook email acocunt.  Every attachment is now a cloud link. If this does not stop we will be canceling adobe immediately and removing it from our system and viewing it as a threat to our business.  Adobe has been given no persmisison to behave this way inside our business operating systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

I found a workaround to disable this crap definitely.

1. Close Outlook

2. Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\PDFMaker\Mail

3. Rename the "Outlook" folder, in my case: Outlook_DISABLE (put whatever you want)

When you do this, the add-in can't load on Outlook and it is shown with an error on the Add-ins management screen on Outlook.

Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  We have already made teh decison to can Adobe.  In the process of unistalling it now and down loading a competitor product. I get they are feeling squezed out of the market by Microsoft and Google but this crap was unnecessary on their behalf.  Seems like a really stupid business decision. Make all your existing customers mad at you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and so far is working.  This is the best solution I've seen - everything else seems to get reset when the PC is restarted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I have to report that after a few restart cycles the issue happened again and it's reinstalled.  How do we get Adobe to respond to this shameful practice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John,

Just add the above REG_SZ parameter to the registry (but check the version Outlook before):

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Resiliency\AddinList]
"AdobeAcroOutlook.SendAsLink"="0"

Also check the new parameter DISABLE_PDFMAKER_OUTLOOK=YES in my thread...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources