• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change or unlock document properties?

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to change or unlock document properties? When I save to PDF the document saves to another person, not me

See attached. I saved a Word doc to a PDF. The tag name is Richard Conyers, a name of someone other than me.

How do I unlock or change the document properties and save to my name? I am not Rich Conyers.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Can we assume you only have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader? If so, you cannot change that on the pdf itself. Word is adding that meta-data so you need to find out how to change it before it is pdf'd or use the full version of Adobe Acrobat (assuming there are no edit restrictions on the document).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we assume you only have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader? If so, you cannot change that on the pdf itself. Word is adding that meta-data so you need to find out how to change it before it is pdf'd or use the full version of Adobe Acrobat (assuming there are no edit restrictions on the document).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. The name was embedded in Word.

I can only image how many years people that I had some strange alias. All the best, W

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just in case make copy of PDF, open PDF file with let's say Notepad++, search for Title, change value inside (), and that's it.

notepad++_2018-01-11_13-56-38.png

AcroRd32_2018-01-11_13-57-34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After an hour search, this is the only answer that actually works if you don't have access to the original Word or PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a good workaround. The metadata information can be saved in multiple locations in a PDF and editing it directly is not going to take care of all of it, and it can corrupt the file beyond repair if you make a mistake. If you need to edit files in this manner then get Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This file is protected password for forgot didn't open the file. So unlock file please help me with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, remember the password or give up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources