• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help. Adobe won't let me cancel my subscription. Why?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything to try to cancel my subscription. I go to where I can cancel it but the site tells me that I need to update my Internet Explorer. I have the latest version. I can't update to anything else. But all I want to do is have someone cancel my subscription. Why does Acrobat make this so hard to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Have you tried Firefox? You can use a much newer version of it even if your OS won't support the latest build of IE (10).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also can't get hold of customer service.  I hate having to go through what I think is a run-around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Firefox? You can use a much newer version of it even if your OS won't support the latest build of IE (10).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I downloaded FireFox and could then access my subscriptions to cancel. Thank you ever so much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same experience, deliberately making it difficult to cancel  - excessive hoops to jump through plus charging you 50% of contract on what is supposed to be a monthly rolling contract = very poor customer experience

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. 
I am trying to cancel my subscription a week after I got trial for the following reasons:

• Did not let me install the programs
  • To try and get my full refund.

So far I have been transferred to 3 different people. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I canceled my annual subscription last month. It took half an hour to find the chat person that could do this. There is no way to cancel online except chat. The cancel was at 1 pm and I received an email saying the subscription was canceled. At 10:30 pm I now see that ADOBE re-activated the damn subscription so I'm waiting again to CANCEL THE SUBSCRIPTION. You charged me again! I already paid $240 to use your product for one month and NOW YOU WON'T LET GO OF MY MONEY. CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not addressing Adobe here, just fellow users. I would suggest trying here: Cancel your membership or subscription | Acrobat, Acrobat.com online services

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[topic moved to Acrobat.com Services forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2015 Jul 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going through the exact same thing.  How is this possible they re-activate?  I'm ready to call the BBB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2015 Jul 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you are asking - this topic is about canceling a service, you ask about re-activation...

Did you Contact Customer Care ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried to cancel too and the option was not where their support forum said it would be. i wrote two times to their support chat and was ignored. i finally waited two weeks and the cancel option appeared with chat window with the promise that they would try to keep me a member if i chatted with them. i told them what happened and they argued with me that until i cancel i'll keep getting charged. ignoring each time i told them i tried to cancel and wasn't permitted and support wouldn't respond to me. this company is not one i would recommend to anyone. stay away from adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you find a way to cancel it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe apparently has a policy of stealing peoples' money after gaining a subscription. I just went through an hour of false links and runaround. I think it cancelled, but who knows now. I took screenshots of my efforts and am going to contact the FTC if they commit wire fraud to continue charging me.

I recommend you complain to an appropriate government agency with your grievances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too cannot fond way to cancel yikes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are bunch of thieves, cheap tricks for multiple hoops to canel a membership, cheap and desperate stuff adobe, disappointed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They do it on purpose to make it difficult to cancel. They removed the cancel link on my account all together multiple times so I can't cancel either. I already bought their software bur they keep trying to get more money from users. Only way around it is to put outdated credit card number on your account. It's all became messed up when they went digital. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats exaclty what i did. I think a class action lawsuit is in order 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this and somehow they found out my current credit card and started charging it. Total fraud, if I knew how to sue I would lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

welp been trying to cancel my account months now. they kicked me out of chat after not adressing the issue. i am starting to think Adobe activly doesnt allow a handful of their accounts to cancel. Or at least makes it nearly impossible. Perhals it's time to look into a class action lawsuit on this practice. Adobe has really become a trash company. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try the switch plan option, be sure it does not say you will be charged X amount when you cancel. Then after you switch the plan, go and see if there is a cancel option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cancelled my account and they sent me an email offering a discount, to which I never replied. So they decided to go ahead and reactivate my subscription on their own, even though I cancelled it. After three months I realized that they were still taking money from my account. So I called the customer service and ask them, I sent you a cancellation email before the due date, and you confirmed that my subscription was cancelled so why is it still active? The answer was we sent you an offer to which you have not responded since you did not sent us an email to say that you are not interested, we reactivated your account. So my silence was confirmation of my agreement to the offer. In Anglo-based contract law, I believe silence does not amount to acceptance but according to Adobe it does. Adobe is an evil empire and you should not use their products in my opinion, unless you are a pro and you really need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience when trying to cancel

Adobe CSR

Hello, I'd be happy to help you today, let me first pull up your account information and access your details.

Me

are you still there?

Adobe CSR

XXXXX as I checked your account you have Adobe Acrobat Pro under Annual Commitment Monthly Billing. If you wish to cancel the subscription could you please share with me the reason for cancellation?

Me

I am not using it at this time. I don't want to pay for it each month

Adobe CSR

Thanks for sharing the concern XXXXX, I completely understand your query please allow me some time so that I can check with my resources and provide you with the best resolution.

Me

ok thank you

Adobe CSR

Thanks for your patience XXXXX, we value you as Adobe loyal user, and I completely understand you are not using the services as frequently right now to justify paying for this, so in order to help you out with this I am making the plan free for you for the next three months.

If you wish to use the application, explore it, and continue I can provide you free 90 days to the plan as goodwill so you will save USD 64.47 and no charges for the next 03 months, which is June 2023,  July 2023, and Aug 2023.

Would that work for you?

Me

No thank you. I appreciate the offer but I won't be using it so no need for the free offer.

Adobe CSR

XXXXX,  I can help you with the cancellation as well, but the reason, I am offering you this free usage is because the subscription is under annual commitment/monthly billing and cancellation now would attract an early cancellation fee of USD 42.98.

These 3 months offers will help you to continue further by completing the tenure. Also, it might be possible that by using it further for 3 months, the situation will get change and instead of cancellation you would like to continue further. Then you do not have to start a new commitment but can continue with the same so why don't utilize this one-time offer which is completely free any which ways.

There is no hidden charge for this offer and you will also be getting the confirmation email for the same.

So as a Well-wisher, I suggest that you should avail the free 90 Days.

Me

I was not advised that there was a contract to use this subscription. Can you tell me where that is in the agreement?

Adobe CSR

XXXXX, as I checked your account you have an Adobe Acrobat Pro under Annual Commitment Monthly Billing purchased on 22 Feb 2023 Adobe sent you an email with all the terms and conditions and I have sent a copy of the email to your registered email address please check it and share me your opinion.

Me

Just cancel it. I will never use Adobe subscription service again and I will warn others about this cancellation fee as well

Adobe CSR

XXXXX, before you make a decision on the cancellation of the subscription I have an amazing offer for you I can provide you a discounted price of the subscription in which you are interested and also free 3 months once we received the first billing.

So please share with me in which subscription you are interested.

For example, I can provide you Adobe Acrobat Pro at a price of USD .99 (excluding Tax) for the complete year and also free credit of 90 days on your subscription. That means you do not have to pay for June 2023,  July 2023, and Aug 2023 after the first billing is settled on the plan.

Adobe Acrobat Pro allows you to create, convert, scan and edit PDF files, merge files and add digital signatures.

This package also includes 100GB of Cloud storage, Adobe Portfolio and Adobe Fonts.

Me

I don't know what you are referring to with first billing. I have paid for this subscription already for 3 months. So you can just cancel it

Adobe CSR

XXXXX, I would like to inform you that your subscription is purchased under Annual Commitment/Monthly Billing which provides you with a discounted price but has an annual commitment too. Any cancellation at this point will directly debit your account with the early cancellation fee of  USD 42.98.

Our terms and conditions haven't changed, please review them here:

https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html.

Cancellation Terms

You can cancel your subscription anytime via your Adobe Account page or by contacting Customer Support*. If you cancel within 14 days of your initial order, you’ll be fully refunded. Should you cancel after 14 days, you’ll be charged only a 2-month cancellation charge if cancelled before 8th month tenure and 1 month charge if cancelled before 10-month tenure.

Me

Please Cancel now! I don't like deception. The support page does not work as you already know otherwise I would not be reaching out to customer support. The FTC should be made aware of what Adobe is doing to make it impossible to cancel a subscription.

Adobe CSR

Alright XXXXX, please allow me some time so that I can process the cancellation of the subscription.

Would you require Manager Feedback call?

Me

I would like verification in an email that the subscription has been cancelled.

Adobe CSR

As per your request, I have successfully canceled your subscription. You will receive the cancellation confirmation at your registered email address.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Me

I have received the email and I do not expect to be billed by Adobe after today.

Thank you for your assistance

Adobe CSR

Thank you, XXXXX, for allowing us the time to share the exclusive offers available on your account. As per your decision, we have canceled the Adobe Acrobat Pro. Thank you for being our customer and allowing us the opportunity to serve you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have just managed to cancel my 'free' subscription. It took me over an hour on chat and three separate operatives to get it done. They seem to have a policy of once you agree to a free trial they will then hike the prices and try and force you into a longer term agreement. My advice is don't agree to an extension of the term even if it is free. I had to threaten going to my bank to stop the payments and posting negative reviews of Adobe before they would listen. Make sure you find up what you are signing up for before you agree as free trials are not free. Finally be persistent on chat and turn down all their offers as they are only trying to catch you out. Adobe are not a nice organisation 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines