• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Esign templates not supported

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to use my templates created in adobe for esignatures. The templates are viewable and can be edited but when selecting the files I recieve a message, "PDFs created with unsupported templates can't be sent for e-signatures" even though the template was created in esign. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nathan293579075gxi,

Thank you for reaching out.

As mentioned above, you get the error message when selecting the template created in Acrobat Sign.

Would you moind sahring the screenshot of the error message and the screen recording of the workflow?

Also, before uploading the document, how the file was created?

If you have the original file, would you mind sharing it with us so we cn replicate the behavior.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, I have the same issue, please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue so here is a screenshot of mine. Please help! When I open a template I have saved it will open. I am able to "Edit template" fine. When I click "Use template" in an attempt to send it for signatures, this comes up:Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 5.45.24 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created the file by uploading a word doc to acrobat, converting it to a pdf, sending it out for e-signatures, and then selecting the option "turn into a template". I then had to edit the template and once I did, it would not allow me to request signatures and would show the above error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. I am having the exact same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also have the same issues, please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having The EXACT same issue!!! HELP US Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  I uploaded a pdf to create the template, and can't use it because of the same error. The original pdf was created in Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the settings when you created the template. Reusable needs to be marked.

mariahweyne_0-1689014777134.png

You can change the settings of you template by going to https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/documents/agreements/#agreement_type=template.  Click on the template you need to edit and click edit on the right hand side menu.

mariahweyne_1-1689015201359.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My template is marked reusable but i still get the error message of "PDFs created with unsupported templates can't be sent for e-signatures"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird.  Maybe you can create a cse through your admin console.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will add to the users experiencing this issue. I have tried creating a template with the original Word document and a PDF created by using the "Convert Word to PDF" tool in Acrobat Pro. Both have yielded the same error saying "PDFs created with unsupported templates can't be sent for e-signatures." I'm going to try converting the document to a PDF on my local machine and upload that to use as the template base, but my confidence is low. 

Would this be an issue with the template stating that it is only available for me (the account owner) to use? If so, how do users convert templates for "everyone" to use; if that is the necessary step to allow for non-Adobe users to view/sign the document, I will enable that. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a necessary step in order for the users to sign.  It just so you can share the template with others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Can we get a response to this? This is the only reason I have an acrobat subscription and it's not working. It is comforting to know I'm not the only one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Designed a client proof sheet in Illustrator, saved a copy as a standard PDF, opened PDF in Acrobat, created the data entry fields for pre-filling by our art department, and a signature block for client to e-sign, saved as reusable template. Everything seemingly fine at this point. But when attempting to actually use the template to send for e-sig, the file begins loading, then kicks the error everyone else here is referencing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME AND NO ONE CAN SEEM TO HELP FIGURE THIS OUT I'VE TRIED CONNECTING WITH ADOBE FOR THE PAST WEEK ON THIS PLEASE HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found my issue.  for some reason I cant use the "prefill" designation with a template.  Not sure why its not working.  Once I got rid of the prefill stuff it started working.  It just sucks that I cant use prefill because its would make my work flow easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cristopher... what do you mean by prefills ?? i started having the same issue after 1 year of perfect functionality ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi RESIDEX Imobiliare,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please let us know more about the issue you are experiencing with your service. Share the screenshot or screen recording of the issue to better understand. 

Let us know if you use the desktop application to send the document for signature or the Acrobat online account. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think some of the issues I am having is making the using Prepare a Form before sending off for signatures or something. I dont know but this is killing me.  PLEASE FIX THIS!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi has anyone had any progress with this, I am having the same problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a single thing. Not even from adobe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke to adobe last night and they said it happens if the template is created from a word document. They gave me a suggestion to try this morning which I have just done and I now have a different error message. I have just spoken to the help desk again and they are escalating to a supervisor. I will let you now how I go once I get a response. šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines