• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Sign alert "Missing Signature Fields" when none are missing

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After uploading a pdf to Adobe Sign in Acrobat DC Pro, and specifying the recipients, then the corresponding signature and date fields, then pressing send; an alert appears that says that there are missing signature fields with the option to review or send.

• Have properly set signature and date fields to signer's email in sidebar. 
  • "Review" shows that everything looks fine.
  • "Send" generates an agreement with duplicate fields added further down on the page from the ones I've created.
  • Behavior surfaced mid-July.
  • Sensitive legal content, so can't send a screenshot of the added fields, but the placement is on a blank portion of the document.
  • Using Acrobat DC Pro on Mac OS 10.14.6 on MacBook Pro 

Result with added duplicate fields looks unprofessional, so have to do a work-around.

What might solve this issue?

Thanks, Keira

Screenshot of alert:

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 9.03.53 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

updating your OS I doubt will see any difference.

Now I must confess I don't really use Sign within Acrobat, but i think that route shows a simplified editing page by default.. First thing to try is to toggle the advanced editing toggle in the upper right of your screen. that should show you more fields you can place including the signature fields. Add these and remove the fields already there and assign the new fields as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If there are more than one signers in your agreement, all signers should have a signature field assigned to them. If that is not done, Adobe Sign will notify you with this warning dialog and add signature fields by itself for all the signers.

Hope that helps!

Sameer Puri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sameer, there are only 2 signers and both signature and date fields were set. There is no need for additional fields to be set automatically. Adobe Sign doesn't seem to be recognizing that the fields have been set, so it adds them again.

Any other ideas?

Sure seems like a bug to me.

thanks, Keira 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keira,

Even if you add 2 signature fields, both the fields need to be assigned to different signers. You can do that by double clicking on the Signature field and changing the 'Assigned to' value.

The colored ribbon on the top right will be different to confirm that both fields were assigned to different signers. It should look something like this:

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 11.07.11 AM.png

If you have done this the right way, and still facing issues, please attach a screenshot of the actual document which you are trying to author to help me understand the issue better (It is kinda difficult to debug it remotely though 🙂 )

Thanks

Sameer Puri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, perhaps some background, I've been sending docs through Adobe-Sign for a long time now, and know how to use the program. This behavior surfaced in July.

• Here are some screenshots that illustrate how the fields I set are being ignored and Adobe Sign is adding new ones.
  • Some of the legal content has been intentionally obscured, there are no text issues.

AdobeSign-ScreenShot-1x.pngAdobeSign-ScreenShot-2x.pngAdobeSign-ScreenShot-3.png

Thanks for trying to help!

Keira 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those signature fields don't look like signature fields to me, but rather like required text fields.

Signature field should have a hint in the field just like the date field has 'date' in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point, Simon!

All I get is an * without the hint, and there's nothing I've found to do to influence the appearance.

Maybe that's why it's broken... because the fields aren't getting properly tagged?

I was planning to update my OS, maybe that'll resolve this interaction w Adobe Sign.

We'll see what tomorrow brings, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

updating your OS I doubt will see any difference.

Now I must confess I don't really use Sign within Acrobat, but i think that route shows a simplified editing page by default.. First thing to try is to toggle the advanced editing toggle in the upper right of your screen. that should show you more fields you can place including the signature fields. Add these and remove the fields already there and assign the new fields as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  Through Advanced Editing and was able to set up the fields. Takes a bit longer than it used to, but it seemed to work. Just waiting on signers to see if it really worked.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing exactly the same problem. Feels like a bug to me, as it used to work fine! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

glad to have found this solutiuon - advanced edit did the trick (to set field as proper signature field instead of text)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon, following up with another dimension of this issue. While Advanced Editing allowed resolution, I discovered pretty quickly in September that the manner in which the pdf was created influences how the pdf is processed through Adobe Sign. Finally getting back to let you know...

These pdfs are coming out of FilemakerPro. When using the "Preview" function within that, and "Save as PDF", the resulting pdf is a very clean document, however, Adobe Sign acts up as described. Whereas, if I do "Command P" and print to pdf, Adobe Sign works perfectly well without having to use the Advanced Editing process. So, fwiw, letting you know that how you generate the pdf makes a difference. And, I haven't had any problems since!

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All:  I had the above problems (2024) when I converted a document to .pdf through Word (under the Save As tab, when it pops, I changed "Save As Type:" from "Word Doc" to "PDF" from the popdown.  Using the "Command P" instead (which then "prints" the document to "Adobe PDF" worked for me, though as a previous user stated, it worked fine for months with documents I converted directly from Word, then didn't work.  FYI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines