• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can no longer add a clickable link to PDFs in Acrobat

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like I am losing my mind. In the span of one month, I can no longer add hyperlinks/clickable links to PDFs? I have access to Adobe Acrobat and the Pro subscription. When I view the tools in the desktop app, the "Edit" tool, "Organize pages" tool, and "Add Link" tools are gone. I tried going on the online Acrobat and am able to Edit and Organize pages, but still no way to add a clickable link?? 

This was literally a 3-second task at most last month. Adobe Acrobat must have recently updated and removed or moved the feature/tool. Can anyone help me figure this out? 

TOPICS
Manage documents , User interface issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

I found the answer:

Adobe has updated and Adobe Acrobat Pro is no longer an app, and is instead now a Pro subscription. In order to get access to all the old (and a few new) tools, you need to go into the Adobe app, go to the HELP menu, and select "Install Premium Features". 

This solved the problem and I am now able to edit, organize pages, delete pages, and add clickable links to PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have been updated to the New Experience.  Introducing the new Acrobat experience (adobe.com)

You can disable it if you want.

mariahweyne_0-1701716017332.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already disabled the new Acrobat Experience. The issue is that previous tools that I had access to are now gone - namely the Edit Tool, Organize Pages Tool, and Add Link Tool. These tools are essential for my job, and now I have no idea how to add a clickable link on a PDF, where previously I would select 'Add Link' and create an invisible rectangle and it would take all of three seconds. I am confused as to where that tool went, or if there is a different way to add clickable links now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to try and see if uninstalling/re-installing will help. And then restart my computer. If that doesn't work and those tools still won't appear, then I will be back to square one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the answer:

Adobe has updated and Adobe Acrobat Pro is no longer an app, and is instead now a Pro subscription. In order to get access to all the old (and a few new) tools, you need to go into the Adobe app, go to the HELP menu, and select "Install Premium Features". 

This solved the problem and I am now able to edit, organize pages, delete pages, and add clickable links to PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my Acrobat (updated to the latest version) I have the Linki tool in "Add Content" but nothing happens when choosing "Add or Edit a link". There is no "Install Premium Features" in Menu\Help. Acrobat's own help page doesn't even seem to recognise such a function in search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines