Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting a blank popup when requesting signatures in Acrobat Pro

Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

When I hit request signatures, the popup where you enter recipients is blank.  I have used this may times before and never had this issue.  I have signed out, restarted the laptop ans signed back in twice, still the same issue.  Screenshot below.

Thanks for your help.

Shane_au_0-1632191102135.png

TOPICS
How to sign , Send documents

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

The issue was th most recent windows update that cam through about 16/9/21.  I am unable to return to previous setpoint on my laptop because I use onedrive and this interferes with the set point for windows, so I had to wipe my laptop and reinstall windows and all apps.  Now everything works fine.  This also hapened to me last year after a windows patch and I had to do the same thing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on an HP Elitebook and am having a similar issue. I can place my signature but when I request a signature now I am only getting a white box. I have to hit Esc to get out of it. I am able to request signatures if I do it online, but it takes longer. Through the desktop app I have to place my signature and enter any text. Then I have to go online to request the signature. Is there a fix for this? I've been able to request signatures up until a week ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe DC.  Same issue occurs.  I installed Adobe DC on a coworker's computer to see if they would have the same issues.  They did not. I compared the settings in the Signature Preferences and they were the same.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a resolution to this issue? I have a user experiencing the exact same behavior as you are describing in your post. Is Adobe tech monitoring this thread?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not received any support that was helpful.  But I have found a work around... if you open Adobe DC, go to the Help Menu, select Repair Installation, then restart, it has worked for me.  But this has not been a permanent fix.  Every couple of days I need to do it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try that with no luck. A post in another thread leads me to believe that they are aware of this and working on a hotfix, but I've not heard back. Adobe? Hello? Is ths thing on???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too, have been experiencing this problem. Tech support re-installed the desktop version remotely which worked for a bit of time, and now it's back to the white pop-up. I am unable to save a doc, nor login to view my Notifications, nor Request Signatures. 

Hope this gets resoved asap, otherwise I will find another service provider that can do the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now when I try to login to Online version, I receive the continuos blue spinning circle and unable to do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The post I was referring to is located here where it seems to be acknowledged that this is an issue:

GaganG
New Here , Oct 05, 2021

Hi Dola,

Sorry for the trouble and replying late on this.

The team is working on the fix. Could you please share your email address so that we can share the fix (not release yet) with you.

Thanks,

Gagan <ggoyal@adobe.com>

But I cannot find anything from Adobe or Gagan on this issue since that post.

If Adobe is in fact aware of this as an issue and is testing a hotfix, it would be nice to have more information about that.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Hope you are doing well and sorry about the trouble.

The team has identified few issues and fixed them. We have released an update that addresses the issue and would appreciate it if you can update the application to check if it fixes the issue for you.
You may go to the Help menu and select "Check for updates" in the application. For more information about the latest update, please refer to the following page: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-21-007-2009x-optional-up...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi- I uninstalled and then reinstalled the Acrobat DC app from the desktop as an update was not listed. For now the issues seems to be fixed. Fingers Crossed. I really hated having to use other apps for this function. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I check for updates it says that the application is up to date.  My issues have continued.  I repair the installation, clsoe the application, and restart my computer and it will work for a day or two.  Then I need to repeat the process.  It is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have manually installed the October opdate and the application behavior did not change, i.e., still getting the 'white box' when trying to request a signature.  Was it your understanding that this update specifically addressed this issue? Any further help would be appreicated.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same issue. My PC worked when I unchecked "Use modern user interface". My co-workers unchecked but it never worked. That's when I upgraded my version to this latest and now I am broken too whether I uncheck that box or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue.

This is occurring intermittently day in and out. 

I find by ending the AcroCEF.exe and closing Adobe DC it then will open fine after this.

But will continue to happen the next day and the next.

My applications are showing up to date.

This is really unproductive, and a fix would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems like a rather pervasive issue. It would be really nice to hear from Adobe on this. Are you there, Adobe? Papa Can You Hear Us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep i guess posting on a forum is not the way to get something solved. Maybe a support chat today might have some resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIXED after several months of trial and error...

If you use Zscaler, ensure it's not doing SSL Inspection on the Adobe sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s a pain and there is no fix from Adobe, it’s been an issue for years. The only solution I know is to close Adobe app or browser page ,open the task manager (Ctrl Shift Esc) and close all tasks associated with Adobe and creative cloud. Now open Adobe again and it should work.

Sometimes it’s months between these events or could be days.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shane_au,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the trouble caused.

If the issue occurs again, ensure the connection is not intermittent, and the application is updated to the latest version. In the application, go to Help > Check for updates.

Please try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-windows.html.

If the above suggestion does not work, try reinstalling the application using the following steps:
- Remove the application and run the cleaner tool (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html).
- Reboot the machine
- Install Adobe Acrobat Pro from the following page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html.

We may need the logs for further investigation if that does not resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of that works.

It's the same suggestions over and over.

This whole thread is years of users telling you that none of that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has worked for some people.

Try this:

Go to https://account.adobe.com/security and end all active sessions.

Go to https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/home  and see if you open/edit, in fact work with a document.

If all is well, try opening you desktop version and see if the problem disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines