• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Business Instagram account won't link to scheduler without a Facebook account, I don't have Facebook

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a business Instagram that I would like to link to the new scheduler feature, however, I do not have a Facebook account. When I attempt to link to Instagram, a Facebook login pops up, not an Instagram login. I attempted to switch my account profile to personal and it would link, but after I switched it back to business it did not update in the scheduler and it did not work. Thank you!

TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Hi Jesamie,

I'd like to inform you that, for linking an Instagram business account to a scheduler, the user must be an Admin of a Facebook Business Page for an entire week to be able to connect an Instagram Business Page to the Facebook Page. This is as per Instagram/Facebook Guidelines.

Please check the following articles for more details:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jesamie,

I'd like to inform you that, for linking an Instagram business account to a scheduler, the user must be an Admin of a Facebook Business Page for an entire week to be able to connect an Instagram Business Page to the Facebook Page. This is as per Instagram/Facebook Guidelines.

Please check the following articles for more details:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Amitej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. So, to be clear, there is no option for users who do not utilize Facebook. Got it.

Take care,
Jesamie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amitej, 

If a solution becomes available, outside of requiring facebook, I'd love to hear about it.

Take care,
Jesamie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jesamie,

According to Facebook policy, all Instagram business accounts must be connected to a Facebook Page.

To connect an Instagram Business account to Content Scheduler, the user needs to connect it via a Facebook account, one that includes the Instagram and Facebook page. This is how the Instagram API functions.

However, another solution is to link the Instagram profile to Content Scheduler as a "Personal/Creator" profile, but then all the posts would be published through the mobile app.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Amitej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Amitej!
I am having the same or a similar issue. I'm the owner and admin for all accounts but I keep getting rejected when I attempt to connect my Instagram accoun to the Adobe schedule.

At one point I did have a flash message pop up saying the account has been linked before. I'm not sure if I've unknowingly disabled a permission on either Adobe or Facebook and I have no idea where to check if I have. Any advice is sincerely appreciated!

Kind regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and I am the admin for a long time. It was working fine and now suddenly is not working anymore. facebook works but not instagram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Sorry to hear you are running into this issue (and also for the delay). Do you still need help getting it to work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jesamie, I have the same problem. Can you confirm that being admin for an entire week will fix the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, I'm annoyed by the need to link my Facebook account to my Instagram. I don't want my Facebook relatives to freely view my IG profile. I want to restrict their access to this. But Meta shoves FB everywhere, even though FB is losing its popularity. I thought there would be a way in this thread to bypass the bindings of IG to FB. But no, it's useless. So I'd rather continue to promote my business page by purchasing subscribers on famoid.com. It's more convenient than setting up stupid Facebook ads. You can also try it like me. Maybe later we can add a scheduler feature in a different way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@laurab47464153@Alex27652376e30yThanks for sharing this. The reason why you may not be able to see the Facebook page appear as an option to connect could be that you haven’t yet given Adobe Express publishing permissions to the Facebook page.

Could you provide the following steps below?

Let's head to your Facebook Business settings:

Facebook - Business integrations →

From here, click on 'Adobe Express' - View & Edit, and then check if all Pages/everything is ticked correctly in all areas. The next step is to head to the Adobe Express Schedule, and from here, if you select Setup in the Publish area, connect to the Facebook page. This should fix the issue. Feel free to write us back with the results. 

Thanks 

Manmeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Alex27652376e30y this process annoying me too. I really don't want to use fb account because I don't use it anymore and it's dated. Anyway I was forced to link my instagram account to my old fb to connect at the adobe express schedule properly. 

@Manmeet2016 It wasn't the right solution to my case but thanks for replying. The problem was that I had created a "creator" and not a "business" account for instagram. Out of ignorance I thought there were two options: private and business/creator. Reading more carefully I discovered that there are three options. I leave this answer for anyone who will have the same problem as me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have a question related to this discussion. I hooked up my business account of Adobe with our business Instagram and Facebook. But I'm not able to schedule any instagram posts. One of the notifications is that the post requires the Mobile app, however I can't log into my Adobe Business account on my phone. Is there any way to schedule an Instagram Post without needing the Mobile app? 

Thank you,

Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines