• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to revert to older version adobe express?

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really dislike the forced newer version of Adobe Express.  I want my old version back.

TOPICS
Desktop Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Hi @Robin30736220efje,

Thanks so much for reaching out and letting us know. We're sorry you are not satisfied with the new version of Adobe Express.

Can you explain what you don't like about it? We understand your concern, but reverting to the old version cannot be done. We apologise for it. You can convert your files from the previous version here. You can share your suggestions and feedback here. We want to make this a better experience.

Thanks,

Winnie

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2023 Sep 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abhi.G @ ADBE Thank you for posting the screen shot. Yes you can adjust the background photo size with a double click. What you can't do, that you used to be able to do easily, is repace that photo with another photo. Now, the only way you can do that is to release the photo from the background, replace it and then resize it and postion it again. That's the issue. It it was so much easier in the previous version to replace the background photo with another photo. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Candy27836257u4zd 

You may find this post on how to replace images (including background ones) useful: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-express-bugs/image-replacement-is-harder-now/idc-p/14021080#M76...

Abhi G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched to using Canva and found it to be way better.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. How can you roll out a new version that does not have the functionality of the old. Where is the curved text function!!!! Also I need to import entire folders to the new version. Not one file at a time. What are you doing!!!! Hello!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Skonz, 
We're really really sorry for the frustration! We understand the situation and I can honestly ensure you that the team is working full speed to resolve/bring back missing functionalities so that your experience improves significantly.

First thing I want to mention - you can now import/migrate all your older files and folders to the new version. Please follow the steps below:

1. Log into Adobe Express on desktop.
2. From the homepage navigate to Your Stuff.
3. Select Access files from within the blue tile - this will take you to the prior file organizer where your files live.
4. Select Move all folders and files on the top right.
5. Select Move for desktop.

Secondly, regarding curved text - bringing this back is a top top priority for the team, now working at it tirelessly. Most recent rumors I heared are that it might be back in a few weeks. Not a clear date yet.

Again, really sorry for the frustrations that were caused. Our desire is to make this product as good as possible for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I loaded Adobe Express and it automatically loads the BETA version.

When I open my previous project, ALL text changes from the original curved alignment - and changes it to straight format.  

So loading old files saved on Adobe Express does not work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. this new Adobe Express is awful. Makes my job so much more difficult. Does anyone know of a good alternative?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, 
Honestly, we're really really sorry to hear we've created frustrations for you with this new version.

If not asking too much, could you please share few things that we could improve and make it better for you? The team is really open to listen and improve this product, based on your needs (and I'm honest, I'm not just writing BS right now).

Thanks a lot! Really looking forward to hear from you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree with you! I want the old version back. It is just frustrating now, workflow has changed completely and without the grid layouts it has ruined my quick social media posts! Bring back the old version!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
We totally understand why this is frustrating for you and we're very sorry for the inconvenience!

Bringing back grid layouts is a critical priority team right now, and the team is working on accelerating it as much as possible. There no clear ETA right now, but it will probably take a few more weeks.

Again, really really hoping your patience will not be expiring until then.

Thanks a lot for the understanding!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why you can't just offer a new option to release the older version. I would pay for it immediately as probably many people mentioned here. My biggest question is:

Why did you change the program?  Did people actually dislike the last version? How do you make improvements but getting rid of options? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, answer this question above. WHY did you do this? Did you ask your PAYING customers? I am shocked - I've never experienced something like this as a customer, and this is Adobe. 

You changed the interface from right to left - WHY? 

Everything is slower & clunkier now - How is that better? 

There is too much too mention... In general: it is filled with little changes that reduce the QoL - WHY?

Did you not test any of this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally accurate expression! Im a paying customer and havent used adobe express since the update! Its frustrating to use the new version! Bring back the old interface! Get rid of AI generation, it seems to only slow down the program anyways!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm furstrated about this change it makes everything more confusing and I keep contstantly trying to change the text size but it's not working. I've been using Adobe Express for awhile now and I've only had 1 problem with it, were the thing I'm moving would keep snaping to something and that is still annoying. I'm confused why you guys are changing something that never needed to be fixed in the first place it's like that saying if it ain't broke don't fix it. I'm still willing to give Adobe a chance since I've been using you guys for awhile now and I'm hoping you will either revert the changes back or do something that might makes things simplier and easier to manage while also fixing everything that wasn't broken in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I split the page like the older Adobe Express?  I'm ready to go to Canva with these changes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally AGREE! Beyond frustating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree with Robin.  The new version does not suit my needs for my business.  Very frustrating and not user friendly.  Definitely will be looking into other options!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe.

Why can't u revert to the old version until the new version is fully functional?

PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO ALL US PAYING USER OF ADOBE EXPRESS!!

Who made this decision? We need names so we can explain it to the CEO what a utter disaster this has become.

DO U UNDERSTAND THAT ALOT OF US INVESTED TONS AND TONS OF TIME IN CREATING MEDIA ON THE OLD VERSION AND NOW CANT USE IT??? DO U GET THAT??? WE CAN'T GO FORWARD WITH NEW PROJECTS AND GET PAID. DO YOU GET THAT??

GET IT FIXED. I WAS TOLD A FEW DAY WEEKS AGO. GET IT FIXED.

OLD VERSION WAS GREAT!!!! NEW VERSION TERRIBLE AND UR AI IS BAD TOO. GET IT FIXED FAST AND REVERT TO OLD UNTIL IT FIXED. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Skonz speaks for all of us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just signed to my account today to create a simple graphic that should take me 10 minutes. I am completely frustrated.

I'd like the old version back. The new version is not intutive or easy. I have to wait to download the image ("we're working on your file" message has been there for several minutes)

I'm frustrated and almost ready to cancel my subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laura:

I came across the same issues. I finally called Adobe support and spoke to a live person who straightened out my issues. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree - I had all my instagram branded templates set up on the old version with a set boarder and colours  - just changing the cropped photo in the middle. The pic would just snap to the right ratio in the old version, maintaing the boarder. Even folowing the signposted blog post in this thread of how to change the background image - the photo covers the whole square rather than just replaces the cropped pic in the middle. This update is terrible and I too - as a paying Adobe customer feel forced to go and use Canva . I would love the old version back, many of us are self employed and you are costing us in time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jody5E55 

You are right: we have this issue with our implementation of replacement of cropped images wherein the new image ends up aligned with the full (uncropped) bounds of the original image rather than the cropped bounds. I'll forward your report to the team responsible for implementing the fix.

Thanks

Abhi G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The updates are awful. I'm a teacher who had students use the videos for projects because they were simple and had basic options. It allowed students to create high quality videos and focus on content. It needed minimal instruction to use. You added way too much and now it isn't usable for students.  It would take an hour to teach the tech and students are no longer locked into options that are easy to read.

Before it was simple and intuitive. Now it isn't made for students, it's built for designers. It is no longer a useful tool for my classroom, I will have to go back to powerpoint presentations. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot use the new version either, as my custom logos which I used in the old version are now completely in bad resolution when I donwload the file. Even uploading them again doesn'tt help.

Completely useless now.

And very slow the programm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines