• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to revert to older version adobe express?

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really dislike the forced newer version of Adobe Express.  I want my old version back.

TOPICS
Desktop Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Hi @Robin30736220efje,

Thanks so much for reaching out and letting us know. We're sorry you are not satisfied with the new version of Adobe Express.

Can you explain what you don't like about it? We understand your concern, but reverting to the old version cannot be done. We apologise for it. You can convert your files from the previous version here. You can share your suggestions and feedback here. We want to make this a better experience.

Thanks,

Winnie

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@magdalenas14336183, & @calm_youth5E9C,

Can you use the mobile app?

New Adobe Express is available only on the web-based desktop app.

System Requirements: https://helpx.adobe.com/express/system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No-- my students use Chromebooks. The appeal of Adobe Express was that it was safe for students to use and it locked them into simple formatting that made it easy for me to read and grade. Now those simple video options are gone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I AGREE! This new version is incredibly difficult. Searching for templates is difficult. With the older version, I could type in what I was looking for and get hundreds of ideas, but now I get zero results or maybe two or three.  It was my go-to app for work, but now I just use Canva because if I have to create everything from scratch I might as well use an app that everyone else at work uses. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely agree. I find it disrespectful to force us to use the new version (which is in BETA!). This new version of Express is anything but Express- it's laggy and troublesome, and getting things done is often slower and / or more difficult than in the previous version. I'm also very dissapointed that there's no way to revert to the old version of Express.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Luis Lobi Ponce,

Use the mobile app.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Luis Lobi Ponce 

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the new version of Express (which is not in Beta, btw).

For the lag, could you check if switching browsers (from, say, Safari to Chrome) helps? As for difficulty, could you please  share specific areas you are finding hard to use (a separate post would be preferable)

Finally, for a limited time, you can use the old version to edit your previous files (you can find the details in https://helpx.adobe.com/express/kb/file-conversion-troubleshoot.html)

Thanks,

Abhi G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

will there be a possibility to modify video's from the previous version? Even just small modifications as deleting a scene or changing a logo?

This is urgently needed and it's a pity that the video's are not compatible anymore.

When is the release date to Firefox?

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Haelvoet_furniture 

I am afraid editing Spark videos is no longer supported. You can still download the video. If you add the downloaded video to a new Express project, you could do some edits (deleting scenes should be easy, but modifying logos may be tricky).

We're making good progress on Firefox, but I don't have exact timelines to share.

Thanks

Abhi G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Abhi,

The videos were already made with the https://express.adobe.com/video/... format.

So it is 100% sure that there is no return to the previous version to edit video?

Will the current/next version also be end-of-life for video urls?

Kind regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Haelvoet_furniture 

> So it is 100% sure that there is no return to the previous version to edit video?

Yes, please see this earlier post from me: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-express-discussions/cannot-edit-videos-created-in-spark-on-expr...

Abhi G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version 11.9.206 is a giant step towards a more complicated and less useful app. Adobe disassembled simple, funtionally complete menus, put similarly relevant functions into multiple menus, and did not increase the functionality of any individual function. Adobe thus obfuscated a straightforward and very useful photo editing app. Adobe should know the current trend to make a single step into two or more, is a giant fail for user-friendliness and streamlined functionality. For shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version just popped up with no info about how to do anything that y put couod before and it like a new app the functions are all different and you have to google how to do everything you use too it's way too much we have to relearn everything we already could do and it's a headache we have tight deadlines and dropping a new app n the middle

of one is a major setback 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new update is absolutely awful. I actually think I'm just going to delete Adobe Express and use something different. Anyone have suggestions ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's so unfair to force us to use this crappy version of beginners where all the fun and creative stuff is unavailable. It's backwards to Day 1 so I've got to find another app.  Canvas most likely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate the new version.  I can no longer edit any of my invoices for my business. It seriously screws me over. I will be unsubscribing my paid version immediately.  This should be an optional update. What a waste of time. 30mins down the drain and I lost all of my files when it converted. 

Super not cool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel the same. I realy enjoyed everything about the old version and new version is not easy and user friendly 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I liked the old one where you selected the already-made logos and customized the colour. That was just the best. In my opinion you should have both so people can customize theirs and just have the simple ai logosdownload (14).jpeg  This is what I want back, The old ai one made this. You should have this and the customizable one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Felt in love with the previous version of express. So user friendly and fast loading! 
Really disklike the new beta version! Slow, not efficient ! Awfull! Why update to downgrade?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also dislike this new version. It works like it's broken all the time.  Yikes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just became comfortable with Firefly and Express. Now the Firefly interface seems to be gone, and Express has changed drastically. I cannot figure out how to do what I had been doing easily. I had developed a style of illustration that seems impossible to replicate. I'm trying to meet a deadline and am completely stymied. <angry face>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2024 Aug 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New version sucks. Like, really sucks. Seems like you took something that was supposed to be...I don't know...Express? And then made it the exact opposite, all for the promise of shoe-horning sh!tty AI generation into it that can't even produce a logo with the correct spelling of my name when I literally type it in. Not sure how that is even possible, but you've managed to do it. I'm a huge fan of your products and have been using them professionally for over a decade...but I don't have to... Seems like people like Canva a lot, so I guess I'll be checking that out.

If you'd like to keep my business, you can put all of the automatic text-align things back in, the style wheel that sifts through various fonts and typography placements, spacing and more, you could also let me synch custom text in mobile...idk honestly, it was perfect how it was, you should just cut your losses and take a loss on this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines