Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pin/Lock Elements/Layers in Creative Cloud Express

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to create company branded templates in Creative Cloud Express that should work as a template for other designers in our company to create with. I could not find any option to lock a layer/type/element/shape.

Is it possible to lock/pin seperate layers? I know that if you select a background from the background templates, you can pin then. But its not possible to upload own backgrounds (that are then available to pin then), right?

I would be very thankful about the information if locking elements or own backrounds possible.

Thank you! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anne, 

Thanks for reaching out. Right now, unfortunately, we don't support this feature. But it sounds like an excellent idea. This release is just the beginning. We want to keep our community in the know, and we already have a roadmap of upcoming features in the works. Feel free to share it in our community so that others can upvote it too.

Thanks

Manmeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a great idea. Not having this feature makes it very difficult to work with the templates, as the elements continously move around

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be great if they put some basic functions like that. I want to migrate from Canva but not having a lock function makes everything more difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, the ability to lock items by the template author would be a massive games changer, which would transform Abobe Express from a nice to have software for personal use into a giant as big as photoshop, corporations would be queuing up to use it and it would blow brand management software out of the water, hopefully this has got adobes attention 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++ EDITED REPLY

This feature is already in but is accessed with a workaround..

Try this:

Select any background from the provided Adobe libraries; unpin it by tapping or  selecting "Move freely" once and  then delete that background. 

By doing this, you'll be able to upload any other image as a background space.

See screenshot bewlow,  in which I uploaded to my CC Express a random image from my pictures gallery.

It will upload as a pinned background by default (shown in the screenshot below).

Screenshot_20221021-161814_CC Express.png

 

You'll be able to identify that it is pinned because the "Move freely" option is shown.

Tap on "Move freely" once and now the "Pin to background" becomes available.

See next slide:

Screenshot_20221021-161910_Gallery.png

 

That's it!!

NOTE:

Once you unpin, you can delete other color backgrounds (if they're present).

So, assuming that you've already saved your branded template(s) locally to a Pictures folder in your computer (or  to your "Gallery" , if on an Adroid mobile device, for example), then you can select that background image from that folder location and be able to pin it using this method.

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with other users, this needs to be a feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines