• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

QR Code and Updating Domain

New Here ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I've got a question regarding QR codes, if anyone could help that would be much appreciated.

I have a client who would like to have QR codes printed on thank you cards for their bakery. I'm currently building them a website, and they have purchased the domain they'd like to use via GoDaddy. As the site isn't finished, I haven't connected it to the domain yet.

If I were to generate a QR code to the domain and add it to the cards now, and then connect this domain to the website (in Webflow) say in a week's time – will the QR code still work, or will a new one need to be generated? 

Bit of a random one, but the reason I ask is I'd like to get these thank you cards into production for them without having to wait until the site is finished, but don't want to risk printing all these cards just for the QR code not to work when the site goes live.

Thanks!

Adam

TOPICS
Exporting and Sharing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am pretty sure this should work. You can test it by setting up the QR code on your computer, then scan it with your phone. Check the URL of the window that opens when you scan the code. Even if you get a "file or page not found" error, if the URL path is correct, it will point to the correct file eventually after the file is published to the server. 

However I do understand your hesitance. If there is any possibility the domain or URL will change, you should not create the QR code until you are absolutely sure it's finalized. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines