• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Firefly refuses to remove an earring from a nose. Goes against the guidelines

Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, this was a first, and I took a screenshot of my screen. Mind that the picture is enlarged quite a bit.

I was working on a demonstration that I have to propose in two weeks, and I was trying to differentiate in generative fill between insert and remove.

I thought removing a nosering can be a good way to explain what removing parts of the image means. But my firefly refuses to do it.

At first I thought I made a too big selection, so I tried again as you see below, which is nothing but the size of the ring, and still I get the same answer.Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 11.08.56.png

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Design , Imaging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @floramc, yes, I had a similar experience with a test just now. Firefly was able to replace the nose ring with a different style using Insert > Add > Generate. But after keeping that version, I couldn't remove the new ring either. I tried a few other ways to go about it, but for some reason, it gives the violation error. Note, the action worked perfectly using the Remove Tool in Photoshop 25.0 Release. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. Apologize for mixing up earring and nose ring. I am in bed with a flu and my English degrades rapidly when I am under the weather. Will edit in a sec

I see your point, but then I definitely need to change picture, as this is supposed to work for a conference where I show the difference between insert and remove. Then I need to find someting else. Thanks again for your imput!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I hope you feel better soon. Technically, an earring could be fashioned into a nose ring, lol. In any event, Remove should work on this in Firefly because it does in Photoshop. I thought they were more closely aligned. I tried Firefly to remove a necklace, but that didn't work, either. Maybe it's too much skin in our test close-ups? But good luck with your demo—whatever you end up using!

JEL_0-1696344425142.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi back!

I see your point and I tried zooming out and panning differently. So far, no luck. What surprises me is that it says that the request violates the guidelines. I don't see how.

Votes

Translate

Translate