• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI Is unable to generate Caucasion people

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a project, I needed to represent caucasian people. And your program is ONLY able to generate Black and Asian people. I understand this is trying to be inclusive but it defeats the point when you aren't including all the races. You end up being exclusive. You can do better. I tried multiple prompts and its unable to generate any white person. Come now.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried a prompt "caucasion man at the beach" and "white man at the beach" and it worked for me. I also used "group of caucasian men at the beach" and "group of Caucasian people at the beach and both worked. The 'people' prompt gave a mix of men and women. What prompts are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Elizabeth von Hollstein Firefly creates geo/regional results based on the users location. If you want a specific ethnicity you need to specify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that Firefly uses the word "Caucasian" to denote "white people" is disturbing by itself.

That word is better avoided.

https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/genetic/what-does-caucasian-really-mean.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not getting into a semantic debate over the merits of describing people but this is the literal definition of the word.

Cau·ca·sian - North American; white-skinned; of European origin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you say so... I am aware that the word is still very much entrenched in the US due to its adoption by the legal system in the 1800s and its impact on the social structure and nature of the US. The history of that word is just extremely... questionable.

It means absolutely nothing and its origin in flawed racial categorizations (which do not exist in humanity, only social constructs) and eugenics in the beginning of the 1900s in the US... well, far more suitable words exist.

Words have power and induce unsuspected bias and prejudice. In my opinion this is one of those useless words that only serve to maintain certain attitudes about social racial bias. Of course, I am looking in from the outside, since I do not live nor was born in the US.

Anyway, it is what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate