Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reference image filters are too strict

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Platform: firefly.adobe.com

Bug: I created a human male reference image to use as a pose reference. His genitalia are covered with the equivalent of swim trunks or briefs. The image is instantly removed when I submit the prompt with a pop-up stating it violates user guidelines. I'm constantly running into this sort of problem with both reference images and prompts with zero feedback on what the filter found offensive. I'm 100% behind Adobe's ethical practices, but these filters are ridiculous and render the product nearly useless for a production environment. Simply too much time is wasted on what seems like random and arbitrary "no nos."

[Edit: Had to remove the reference image from this post because the filters here state that it contains naughty-bits. Even though the entire area was painted over from hip to hip with opaque flat white.]
[Edit #2: Had to remove the more common English usage of the same "g" word I used in my bug description in order to submit the post. The error was message was hilarious: "The message body contains g*****ls, which is not permitted ..."]

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Imaging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What prompt were you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens regardless of the prompt I use. The first prompt was "A human
skeleton" and the only complaint about the prompt was that it was too
short.  Longer prompts produce the same reference image removal with a
violation pop-up, but without the prompt complaint. The last prompt I
tried was "A man standing in the woods".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a crop of the image. I assure you the offending area is completely opaque.

ffbug.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its the pectorial area. My guess is with the longer hair and being an illustration, the AI is reading this as female - even with the facial hair. Covering that area resolves. "Anatomically correct human skeleton"

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1715344977602.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion, Kevin, but the image I posted was a crop and not the complete image showing the lower half of his body. I cannot post the full image to the forums due to the filters. That said, I tried to block out the chest area and still the image is refused for violating community standards. Here are two more cropped versions:

ffbug2.png

ffbug3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Again agreed that this is not a good read by the AI, I would do a white rectangle over the lower part instead of trying to paint an area and see. I simply drew a line across the top similar to what you had.

The other more simple solution is to draw a stick figure in the pose you want and upload that. With your requested prompt of a skeleton, the specific model you are using is not retained at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate