• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font Variations

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what I type in the description field, the fonts have the same styling: swirly and smooth images within the letters. You can tell each variation was generated by the same source. Even when I state "not swirly" or "sharp," the results are the same.

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Thank you for the feedback! What prompt are you using? Just so you know, the model doesn't understand negative prompts so "not swirly" will add or keep swirls in the pattern. Since our training data is from Adobe Stock, sometimes searching for your term in there will show you what is influencing your text effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate
11 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback! What prompt are you using? Just so you know, the model doesn't understand negative prompts so "not swirly" will add or keep swirls in the pattern. Since our training data is from Adobe Stock, sometimes searching for your term in there will show you what is influencing your text effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tracy.H Thank you for clarifying the use of negatives. I only put that in there because I was getting swirly effects. My main complaint is just that there isn't enough variation regarless of the adjectives I use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When creating textures for Text to Font there is no way to minize or eliminate the random, extra swirls and cut outs. I would like to be able to dial in who much random details are added to the render. Right now I get a lot of strange swirls, cut outs and globs that I cannot control even when I use words like "plain" "solid" "smooth" "no edges". I want to build up from the basic concept and add/subtract random detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jose0195 Merging your thread here so we can track the demand for certain features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the following need to be on a new thread:

I know that Firefly won't allow the use of copyrighted materiral but can it be instilled with the knowledge of them? For example, I typed "Something similar to a Mandalorian in something like a DeLorean" as my description. The results are not even close. I basically got humanoid figures inside of vehicles that you mostly can't tell what they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was going to start my own thread but found this one.

Is there a secret in the Text Effects section to get words that don't have lumps, bumps, depth but instead have a smooth surface?

I'm able to get closer to the finish I want i.e., better results in Text to Image but then it is hit and miss as words are not always spelled correctly and sometimes refreshing gets the look I want but a correctly spelled word is now incorrect.

Will Text to Image have the ability to include accurately spelled words
-and/or-
Will Text Effects improve/expand upon its' ability and be able to provide smooth surfaces w/o swirls, cutouts, raised portions?

P.S. I do understand that this is a beta w/a pretty impressive start and is constantly getting better 🙂

scr_Text2Image.png

scr_TextEffects.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for combining these threads. This is exactly the issue that I'm talking about. The AI assumes you want all sorts of swirls and edges inside the glyph outlines. It would be great to be able to start with a solid look and then dial in the level of details, swirls, edges and distortions to get to the exact final render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm just unable to find the right prompts, but I start to think that Adobe Firefly Effects is at the moment unable to make Fonts out of solid materials, without ornaments or other noisy disruptances.
For example, when I type in the prompts "solid industrial steel plate", I'd expect something like this:

marceld28875419_0-1681802037775.jpeg

or like this:

marceld28875419_1-1681802037781.jpeg

yet the results I get are full of playful ornaments and details

Firefly_solid+industrial steel plate_25030.png

Even if I add the prompt "no ornaments", it doesn't change anything about the result.

I think the app would be much more usefull, if it'd be able to make solid textures as well.

Merging your thread here so we can track the demand for certain features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to see more solid material options, every text effect is a whirly, twirly, windy effect. Some solid texture options would be great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In text effects, it would be good to have an option to change the 'scale' of the effect. Right now, it creates very detailed graphics within the text - it would be good to have a more abstract, generalised setting as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I notice that there are a lot of white squiggly lines or objects that appear in the patterns that form within the fonts. It's hard to get rid of them, even if you include specific color pallet prompts. It would be good if there's an 'exclude' command or something,

Merging your thread here so we can track the demand for certain features. You can upvote the original post to let us know you want this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate