Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Text and symbol generation in images

Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to generate a logo with a desired text. It is not accepting it.

Bug Acknowledged

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

While it has gotten better, Firefly (and most other AI image generators) is not good at putting exact text from a prompt into an image. Sometimes it is perfect, but usually, it does not get it right.  The best solution is to use Adobe Express or Photoshop to add text in.  The more complicated the angle or perspective of the text, the more likely you will need Photoshop to get what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

This is a current deficiency for most Generative AI models including Firefly. They cannot produce coherent language renders (yet)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Text and symbol generation in images is not supported yet in the Text to Image module. The quality of our models will improve with time, and generated content will better respect the prompt. If you are trying to create just text, please try the Text Effects module. (Merging all similar threads here so we can track the number of reports for this)

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

This is a current limitation please add your vote to this bug. In the meantime, check out Adobe Express

Votes

Translate

Translate
89 Comments
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ele não gera textos, falei pra ele gerar um texto e ele gerou um cara com cabeça de tigre, um de aguia e varias paisagens nada aver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share the prompt you used and the resulting image for us to help you better. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time, with no exceptions, when I ask Adobe Firefly to create 3D lettering on a gallery wall that spells out a phrase, I get this:

Here is my prompt: 

white 3D lettering on a white wall, lighted with spot lights from above and the left side that says (spell each word exactly like I wrote it in between " and "): "Reality as we see it" and "is a hallucination created by our brain" in two lines

PMJorg_0-1708548107592.png

Why is this? AI is highly trained on text, and knows how to spell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it has gotten better, Firefly (and most other AI image generators) is not good at putting exact text from a prompt into an image. Sometimes it is perfect, but usually, it does not get it right.  The best solution is to use Adobe Express or Photoshop to add text in.  The more complicated the angle or perspective of the text, the more likely you will need Photoshop to get what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,
Ich schätze hier wurde Stil mit Stift verwechselt! Hahaha

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. We get unsuccessful results when we want anything to be written on objects.
We are looking forward to more realistic and accurate results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Firefly suffers from the same oversight or blind-sight as new artists and designers. When focusing most of its energy into  how something looks, rather than splitting the attention to detail between the visual and the content, it makes errors due to inattentiveness. Learning a  healthy balance between appearance and content takes effort at first, but eventually good designers learn it and rarely make this kind of mistake as they go forward. Firefly needs to use both eyes, with one on appearance, the other on content. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GenAI is not intelligent: the algorithm doesn't actually understand what it is doing. The term "Artificial Intelligence" is a misnomer, and popularized, but there is no awareness there. It's not even 'stupid'. It is merely an algorithm and can't even create true random numbers (hence: the seed).

Comparing Firefly with a real human intelligent designer is like comparing a rock with a planet that has a vibrant natural ecosystem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI image diffusion models can be trained on text. Unfortunately, Adobe's Firefly models are not. I hope they rectify this soon. 

In the meantime, DALL-E 3 and Midjourney v6 will.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that information. I've noticed ChatGPT is no better at it. I'll have to try the other two!

Get Outlook for Android<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I won't sugarcoat it. Firefly is terrible at text.

I am aware this is on the product teams radar.

When the fix will come is not known.

Best

mj

iMSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je demande de générer une image où il y a écrit "Bon anniversaire" (en Français) et il me génère des images où il y a écrit "Happy birthday" (en anglais), ce qui est totalement stupide car je suis Français. Il va falloir apprendre à programmer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not able to generate correct text in images using the prompt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Anonymous37037930cx5u, While it has gotten better, Firefly (and most other AI image generators) is not good at putting exact text from a prompt into an image. Sometimes it is perfect, but usually, it does not get it right.  The best solution is to use Adobe Express or Photoshop to add text in.  The more complicated the angle or perspective of the text, the more likely you will need Photoshop to get what you want.

Please see this article on why generating text in AI image generators is hard:

https://theconversation.com/if-ai-image-generators-are-so-smart-why-do-they-struggle-to-write-and-co...

Votes

Translate

Translate