• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Union Jack appearing in images

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I generate an image, the Union Jack appears. I am unsure why.

Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 08.50.54.pngScreenshot 2023-11-06 at 08.53.25.png

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Design , Imaging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
18 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting dutch themed photo's while it isn't in the prompt. Stuff like tulips, windmills, the dutch flag or people wearing hats in the dutch flag colors.

I typ "People working together" and I get all dutch themed photos. It is weird and a bit creepy. Even though I live in the Netherlands, doens't mean I want those kind of pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Marvin3325260351i5 Thank you for reaching out and sharing this. Please check out this post with a customer who is running into similar results: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-firefly-ideas/personas-con-sombrero/idi-p/14185322

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a test with the prompt 'device use by students' and got an Australian flag appearing within the generated image. This was not in all and not regularly when I regenerated. I am in Australia. Donovan - I assume you're in the UK? Firefly may be looking at your IP address location and giving you a personalised version. You can provide feedback by clicking the thumbsdown over the image and giving written comments relating to what's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am to be frank not sure what on earth is happening but a lot of my prompts have very poorly integrated Canadian flags in them??

I try to replicate it and it doesn't happen, then when I'm actually trying to do my job it gives me this??

Haybro_0-1699311223887.png

I was just trying to make a mockup for a, "haha don't we all just hate that sus sales guy?" advertisement but apparently I can't because LITERALLY EVERY PROMPT EVEN IF I ASK IT NOT TO has a Canadian Flag.

WHY?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Haybro, it seems you have two prompts for the Canadian flag, plus a maple leaf? That could be the problem, but I don't know where Firefly is getting the prompt for the flag in the first place in order to exclude it. I'm not sure what you want to achieve, or if you want the flag in your image or not. If you do want the flag, try again and indicate in the prompt how you want the flag to appear. See my quick example below. I used Firefly Image 2 (beta).

JEL_0-1699312756479.png

JEL_1-1699312886651.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J E L Those are prompts to exclude those because not doing that yielded flags and maple leaves.

vsxzxc.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't edit my post for some reason so I'll also note that I did not want Canada flags, do not want them, and even using the, "exclude from image," feature does not seem to always remove them. I will put in completely normal prompts that do not say anything about Canada and it will randomly decide to add maple leaves and Canadian flags for NO REASON. 

Haybro_0-1699381413820.pngHaybro_1-1699381466740.png

Haybro_2-1699381609406.png

This is proof it does it completely unprompted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't mean to have a duplicate image but here's more proof of what it's doing:

Haybro_0-1699381884425.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dean_Utian my thoughts exactly. @Haybro are you also based in Canada? I'm getting similar results from Canada unless I get more descriptive with my prompting. I believe Firefly takes into consideration your context when prompts are generic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dean_Utian, thanks for making this connection and pointing this out. While I am not in the UK, my Google Search settings in Google Chrome are set to the UK region. Therefore, I do not believe that it is the IP address, but rather the Chrome browser region. I would have to test other browsers and change regions to be sure.

Thanks again for making this connection.Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 06.20.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed recently a lot of my prompts get Irish elements added to them. Sometimes it's really obvious like leprehchaun hats, red hair, and lots of green clothes. Sometimes it's Irish flags everywhere. Sometimes it's a green, white, and gold (flag colours) colour palette. 

It's not all the time, but it's a high percentage of generations. firefly-crowd-irishified.pngirishified-02.pngirishified-03.pngScreenshot 2023-11-11 at 15.22.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing something similar. I am located in the USA and get the below with the same first prompt Frank used. I did not notice this before, so I am not sure if this is something recently changed in the model. If geolocation is used as an input to image creation, it would be nice to be able to turn that off.

droopydog500_0-1699718701126.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @Donovan33410204k5wm pointed out, this is caused by the browser locale providing additional context to Firefly when prompts are "generic". This appears to be the intended behavior, but I would agree that it is not the behavior most users would expect and that it would be nice to be able to turn this off. @Frank Prendergast @droopydog500 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sur un mac ventura 13.2.1

Bonjour!

depuis quelques jours firefly en ligne ne me génére que des images patriotiques suisse et des américanisations arabes avec des simples phrases comme "personnes qui jouent" ou "personnes qui mangent".

Pourquoi?

Merci pour votre aide!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create some european city drawings. But I recieve eastern style of buildings, characters, etc. I specificly write everything but result is always the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some months now, many of the pictures I have generated (regardless of the prompt) end up having mountains in the background and quite often even Finnish flags. Many prompts make Finnish flags pop up everywhere and yesterday I tried to get a UN flag in the picture and nope, flags of Finland again. It does not even help to have Finland as a negative prompt... I do get it that Adobe wants to tailor the output to every market, but I wish there was a toggle somewhere in the UI to let me disable this geolocation based tailoring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is probably related to these threads:

Union Jack appearing in images 

Images including people are severely culturally out of touch 

Currently, Firefly does take where it thinks you are located into consideration when generating images. You can change your prompts to be more descriptive of the people, cultures, regions and objects to override that region/culture behaviour. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thinking about this issue more, I am now thinking that what Adobe should include is a way to specify a specific location (country, region, culture, even lattitude/longitude) and say create the image based on the location specified, and if nothing is specified, Adobe can default to where it thinks you are.

Votes

Translate

Translate