Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Everything you wanted to know about Favourites in Adobe Firefly

Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

droopydog500_6-1718570136228.png

There are several ways you can save your generations from Adobe Firefly. They include downloading to your local disk, saving in your creative cloud library, and the subject of this post: Favouriting. Favouriting an image is a way to save both the image and the prompt, styles, and reference images used to generate it.

You can favourite a generated image by clicking on the outline star (☆→★) icon in the lower right of a generated image turning it into a solid star. Note: originally the icon used for favourites was a heart (♥).

droopydog500_1-1718569661674.png

After you favourite the image, it will show up on the Favourites tab on the Firefly homepage along with all of the other images you have favourited.

droopydog500_2-1718569661688.png

When you go to your favourites page, you will see the images you have previously favourited.

droopydog500_3-1718569661762.png

Alternatively, you can just browse to: https://firefly.adobe.com/favorites.

When you hover your mouse over one of the images, the image fades and you see the prompt at the top of the image and two controls at the bottom:

droopydog500_4-1718569661768.png

The control on the lower left will download a copy of the image to your download area. The control on the right will take you back to the generation page for that image, with the prompt and styles, as well as any reference images (if you used any with that image).

Why Favourite?

Favouriting an image is the only method of saving Firefly generations where the image, prompts, styles, and references (style and structure references) are all saved. Other methods only save images (download, save to creative cloud library, copy image) or the prompt/style/references (copy link to image). They are saved on one web page you can refer to and scroll through the images.

Limitations

While the image stored in favourites is the original generation you favourited, going to the generation page and generating again might not generate exactly the same image. Some of the reasons why it might not be the same include:

• if the model used to generate images is no longer available (such as model 1 favourited images), you cannot generate the same image.
  • If it was favourited before December 1, 2023. Images favourited before that date lost their styles and can no longer be generated as they were originally. 

There have also been cases reported where generations resulted in different (even slightly so) images being generated from the same references/prompt/styles.

You can only favourite generations from text to image, not generative fill.

You cannot access favourites from other Adobe apps as you can with images saved to your creative cloud library. This means you cannot directly send favourites to or directly access favourites from Adobe Express, Photoshop, Illustrator, or even Firefly Generative Fill.

You cannot share images with other people directly from favourites. You would need to go to the generation page and use the copy link to image function or save the image locally and send it to the other person.

Favourites are stored in the browser cache. This means that when you favourite an image, you can only access that favourite in that same browser on that same computer or mobile device.  If you use another browser or computer, you will not see the favourites (or if you use multiple computers/browsers, you confusingly might have different favourites available on each of those computers and browsers).

If you save a lot of favourites, it can consume a lot of disk space, and the use of disk space by favourites is difficult to manage (especially if you run out of disk space). If disk space is a concern, you can alternatively use one of the other methods of saving images from Firefly, such as saving the image to your creative cloud library.

You need to have sufficient disk space available on the disk where your browser cache is located in order for favourites to be saved. If you do not have sufficient space, they might not be saved. Additionally, if you are running out of disk space, your browser might delete contents from the cache, including some or all favourites.

It is also possible that operating system or browser upgrades could delete the cache. I recommend that you backup your browser caches before upgrades (if you want to ensure your favourites are preserved).

If you use the same browser on the same computer in private browsing or incognito mode, your favourites will not be available in that browser window. If you save favourites while in private browsing or incognito mode, they will be lost when the window is closed.

Frequently asked questions

Q: How can I delete favourites?

A: You can delete them by going from the favourite back to the generation page and unchecking the image that was the favourite (which is one of the four images). There have been cases where this did not work, and there was a period of time earlier in 2024 where no favourites could be “unfavourited”. That has been fixed.

There is no way to select multiple favourites to unfavourite at the same time. You have to go through the process above for every image you want to unfavourite.

If you clear the cache on your browser, you will delete all favourites. This is generally irreversible.

Q: I cannot find my favourites! What happened to them?

A: Are you using the same browser on the same computer where you favourited them? Because they are stored in the browser cache, you can only access a favourite in the same browser on the computer or mobile device it was favourited on.

Q: I am using the same browser and all my favourites disappeared. It is the same browser on the same computer. Can I get them back?

A: Unfortunately, if you are using the same browser on the same computer and they are no longer there, they are most likely gone forever. This could happen if, for example, you cleared your cache in the browser, used a utility program that claims to clean up space on your computer (which frequently includes deleting the browser cache), or ran out of disk space (causing the browser to delete them).

I said "most" likely, because there are steps you can take to rewind your cache if you had already been backing it up, but most people do not do that. My primary platform is Mac and I back my browser cache up with Time Machine on the Mac, so I can go backwards in time and restore my cache from a point in time. This has saved me a few times when something was deleted from my cache and I was able to roll the cache and settings back a day. If Windows was my primary platform, I could do something similar on it.

Q: Why doesn’t Adobe just save all of my prompts or generated images?

A: This has been a frequent suggestion. I recommend you look at these posts and upvote the one(s) you would like to see:

Q: Does viewing a favourite use a generative credit?

A: If you download a favourite to your local disk or just go to the generation page, a generative credit is not used. If you go to the generation page and generate, a credit is used.

Q: Can I group my favourites into albums or folders?

A: No. There is no way to organise them at this time.

Q: Can I download all favourite images locally at the same time?

A: No.

Q: Can I do a text search of favourites for a specific prompt?

A: No.

Q: What is the difference between the gallery and favourites?

A: The gallery is a collection of images Firefly users have submitted to be viewed by other people in the Community Gallery (https://firefly.adobe.com/community). Favourites are your own saved images and they are not visible by other people.

[Last updated: 2024-06-16]

TOPICS
Imaging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very helpful. Thanks !

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines