• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Firefly to Photoshop generative fill copyright concerns

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a fantasy image in Firefly (beta version) via text to image and downloaded it. I imported the image in Photoshop (not beta version)  and extended the crop angles via generative expand and generated an extension of the existing image.

My question is, am I allowed to make commercial art out of the one generated in photoshop since the original art was made in Firefly beta?

Is it possible to retain the copyright of the art I made in Photoshop? I write the prompt, make the changes I want in the content prompt section. So technically the prompt is mind, the chnages I made in the content prompt section is mine, so the work I made using AI should also belong to me as well.

Please let me know my queries

TOPICS
Communications , Design , Imaging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

@Gwen5ED0 Anything created in Firefly (Beta) can not be used commercially. You would need to recreate it in Firefly today. 

Adobe does not claim any ownership or copyright interest in the content you generate with Firefly. Whether the content you create using Firefly can be copyrighted will is a regulatory matter determined by local laws.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gwen5ED0 Anything created in Firefly (Beta) can not be used commercially. You would need to recreate it in Firefly today. 

Adobe does not claim any ownership or copyright interest in the content you generate with Firefly. Whether the content you create using Firefly can be copyrighted will is a regulatory matter determined by local laws.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Can we use what is created (an image, icon, etc., from the Beta versions) for a non-profit higher education course? For example, I created icons representing two schools using Generate (Beta) in Adobe Illustrator 2024 to create an infographic for an online course. Am I violating any copyright by using those generated icons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @PinkPink ,

I'd err on the side of caution here.

As @CMass has indicated, content generated with the Beta versions can't be used commercially.

Simply recreate it in the current version and you should be good to go.

Best

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines