• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to make image into a watercolor in Firefly

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI I use PS beta almost daily, but the Firefly thing is new. How do I convert a photo into a realistic watercolor type image? *Not* using the filters that Adobe provides in standard PS (I've tried all those)-- more of an AI look and a lot easier? Here is one I tried using a variety of filters in filter gallery, stylize, etc and it took forever....:-D Thank you!

keywords: water color effect, watercolor, convert photo to art

TOPICS
Design , Imaging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @VirginiaBonnie this video by Russell Preston Brown shows how to use Gen Fill to create artistic effects using your original photo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHo21DEsvVI

Generative Fill Painting Action - Check out this Adobe Photoshop Action that creates unique artwork with the help of Generative Fill? I was inspired by the work of Rob de Winter and I created this Action based on his original concept. This Action will create 6 amazing variations for each art style

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I downloaded and used it. All of the versions did not work well with a portrait of a person, but I am sure with buildings and landscapes it is nice . So does it take up one generative credit for each version? Seems like the four versions of four art examples add up to quite a bit, yes? 16? Or am I mistaken?

Also can you please explain in kindergarten (simple) terms for me, 🙂 how Firefly can be accessed outside of ps? Do I need to log on with an image up or how can I get it to create something unique and new? I tried earlier and didn't have much luck. Is there a super basic set up tutorials explaining the various nuances of it?
Thank you!

Bonnie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefly can be accessed via firefly.adobe.com and a stable internet connection.

Here is a link to tutorials on how to get started with Firefly:

https://creativecloud.adobe.com/cc/learn/app/firefly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another way to do this that we covered in the Adobe Firefly Discord Prompt Jockey today...

start image:

IMG_1413.jpeg

 Take to Gen Fill. Change the settings like this:

IMG_1416.jpeg

Your brush size should now be large. Zoom out, if possible, and that will make you brush size even bigger. 

Sweep the entire photo with the brush.  Sweep it without releasing the mouse, otherwise you might have overlapping sweeps which will negatively impact the outcome. Then use a prompt like "watercolour painting". You might have to adjust the opacity and try several times.

Result:

IMG_1418.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines