• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

V2 verses V3 quality

Contributor ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have extreme respect, admiration for the Firefly team and engineers, but something has gone off the rails concerning the V3 preview. This isn't a question, so I placed it in this section of bugs. If I didn't care about Firefly I wouldn't be here showing examples.

These are direct renders of "multiple generations" using V3 preview off the original V2 file. I will show the V2 first, then V3 will follow each image. I kept trying to get a good image from V3, yes it's a preview, but it needs to be addressed. These are the best of the best V3 images. And with that said I'll shut up lol and let you judge.

V2

Firefly A figure in a dirty, grimy, rainy, smoky dystopian city on a narrow street with crowds, brig (6).jpg

V3

Firefly A figure in a dirty, grimy, rainy, smoky dystopian city on a narrow street with crowds, brig (5).jpg

V2

Firefly A dirty, grimy, rainy, smoky dystopian city on a narrow street with crowds, video screens, s (3).jpg

V3

Firefly A dirty, grimy, rainy, smoky dystopian city on a narrow street with crowds, video screens, s (2).jpg

V2

Firefly Vintage Pilot flying plane with a helmet and wearing a leather jacket unbuttoned ; character (10).jpg

V3

Firefly Vintage Pilot flying plane with a helmet and wearing a leather jacket unbuttoned ; character (9).jpg

V2

Firefly clouds approach from the background. -A large, angled, rolling clouds flying hovering indust (1).jpg

V3

Firefly clouds approach from the background. -A large, angled, rolling clouds flying hovering indust (2).jpg

TOPICS
Desktop , Imaging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this example, the subject outputs are similar but the image 3 output appears to be "cleaner" and more of a refined vector illustartion or cartoon vs image 2 outputs which is more "raw". 

I expect some variation within each image group. I am applying 7 parameters varation is expected. BUT  as you can see. I tried multiple iterations with both image 2 and image 3. The results within each image group were generally consistant but were markedly different between 2 vs 3. raw vs refined. rough vs vector illuustration.

rickg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps an explanation on how and why the gen engines are decided upon.

Please consider leaving previous gen engines active.

mj

iMSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Please let us have access to Image 1 model again. In looking closer at my Image 2 model results, they are not as good as the Image 1 results. And the Image 3 results are not even usable for me. I loved the results when I first started using the Image 1. Now I'm losing interest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same prompt/styles, etc. here. V3's results - just awful. Embarrassing at best. I'm glad you're here in this thread, Kartika - I trust you'll pass along all this feedback. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 2 and 3 here, respectively. Same exact styles/prompts, etc.

Screen Shot 2024-05-14 at 1.12.42 PM.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What 3 generated is laughable and amateurish at best! 

Screen Shot 2024-05-14 at 1.12.30 PM.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another example (please see this, and the following reply). Version 2 - cute little dragon on a skateboard...

Dragon2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . . Then this (see prior reply). Version 3. I wonder if anyone has a worse example than this? Adobe - are you going to continue to allow this 'quality' with Model 3? Please keep V2 up! 

Dragon3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2024 May 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These strengthen my belief that from a realism perspective, 3>2 and from an artistic perspective 2>3...

droopy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed...somewhat. What realism though do those represent? lol  - But yes, in general, you're correct. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think those are a side effect of the realism push. Try to make everything look realistic.  That obviously does not always work out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most definitely. Why even have the 'art' capability then? Every prompt/style/formula worked before - no matter how many effects, themes, movements, concepts, etc. that I used. They've seriously limited the capabilities now in their quest for 'realism'. I've also noticed an Asian slant to many generation results, when nothing even was prompted as such. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2024 May 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just me, or does Image 2 even seem worse than it used to be? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not just you. Version 2 results recently have been much worse. But still better than 3. I can't use anything I've generated from 3. Everything looks like a bad Disney animation cell. I hope they return 2 to it's original state, and keep it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines