• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fonts won't work with Creative Cloud Version 4.9.0.504

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time posting here; hoping someone from Adobe can help.

I recently discovered that Adobe Fonts are no longer syncing to my Creative Cloud application. I'm able to sign in to fonts.adobe.com in a browser and activate / deactivate fonts just fine. But when I open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click the Fonts tab, none of the activated fonts appear; I just get the attached window that says "Loading Fonts Panel" with an endlessly spinning wheel.

What's odd is that fonts that I'd activated months / years ago in Adobe Fonts (some activated back when it was still called Typekit, I believe) are still available to use in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator. However, fonts that I just tried activating today won't display in those applications.

Here's where I suspect my issues are stemming from, but I'd appreciate an expert diagnosis:

I'm on a Mac Pro Early 2008 running OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6.

I'm on Creative Cloud App Version 4.9.0.504, and using InDesign CC 2018, Photoshop CC 2018, and Illustrator CC 2018.

I realize those things are all old and outdated. I'm unable to update my OS past 10.11.6 given the age of my computer, which I understand means my Creative Cloud application can't be updated either.

What I don't understand, however, is that I was able to activate new Adobe Fonts in the very recent past, and now all of a sudden, I no longer can get them to work! Did Adobe recently completely discontinue Adobe Fonts support for the CC version I have installed? If not, what might explain why?

I'd really appreciate any advice. Thanks!

TOPICS
Activation , Sync issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Hello,

tl;dr: SOLUTION via Adobe Japan :party_popper::

About the problem that synchronization became impossible in macOS 10.11 or earlier (Adobe Support Community – Japan) 

• You'll probably have to run this post through a translator.
  • The text in the screenshots will still be in Japanese.
  • I summarize the steps (in English) below.

---

Thank you to everyone in here. I ran into this a few weeks ago and finding this thread was heartening. Well, as much as an unsolvable, work-interrupting, difficult to work

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, same OS and apps versions for the same reasons.

I have shut down and re-started, uninstalled cc, reinstalled cc, tried the chat help which was a waste of time with no results after waiting for over one hour. All my Adobe fonts are activated but wont show in Illustrator (havent tried other programs yet because I would like to resolve the spinning wheel in the cc app. Althought I dont use the files section, it will not load either, but it would be good if everything worked properly. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today there was no long wait time to help chat today, so my issue has now been resolved via remote access. It appears that in the preferences of my CC desktop app the box "Always keep Creative Cloud desktop up to date" was ticked, making the most recent cc app not compatible with my older OS. Was very quick and easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice, @Pollymophila.

I just unchecked "Always keep Creative Cloud desktop up to date", signed out, restarted my computer, and signed back in, but the fonts panel still isn't loading.

By chance did you first have to uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app completely and reinstall an older version?

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, however I contacted the Adobe help centre via chat and the support person accessed my computer remotely and did the work for me while I watched his actions. I didnt ask for an explanation, which in hindsight would have been useful.

I now find all my old installed apps no longer appear within the cc panel, only the current incompatible apps. However this is not a problem because I always open my apps from the dock not from the cc app, and I cant upgrade any further until I purchase a new computer...!

The bonus is that I am finding the programs are opening more quickly!! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually - my older apps ARE still showing in the cc desktop app - I found an unticked tick box within the creative cloud prefs, so all is well 🙂 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @Pollymophila. Which version of the Creative Cloud app do you now have installed?

Unfortunately, I uninstalled the Creative Cloud app, reinstalled version 4.9.0.504, and unchecked "Always keep Creative Cloud desktop up to date" under Preferences, and the Fonts panel still isn't loading!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version showing in my prefs is also 4.9.0.504.  I suggest you contact the Adobe support centre via chat. The support person accessed my computer remotely and quickly fixed it for me. Some other files required replacing or removing but I cant say what they were. 

Sorry I can help further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, I'm on El capitan and can't sync my fonts anymore, would be great if the person who helped Pollymophila  could post the specified steps to solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue and good to know it isn't happening to just me. Tried a variety of things and it magically started working again, but the last couple times I went to activate it was broken again, including at this moment. Even having the type files I am having trouble activating them just as much. Maybe it's a Mac issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. I just got offline with support and was essentially told I need to get a new computer and download the latest Creative Cloud apps (current computer is older and cannot update beyond El Capitan). If anyone does find a resolution/workaround to this problem, please let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never got it to work, it works on and off spontaneously, but I have deadlines and can't keep messing this something this simple. Found google fonts works perfectly until this is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happended to me in front of my eye. The ƒ and the services for Adobe Fonts completely disappears in CC Desktop app 5.3.1.470 On Mac 10.5.7 and also on my Windows 10. 

What teh heck Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in a similar boat — no font icon in my Creative Cloud desktop app now. It (CC app) was giving me error codes, so after some searching lead me to uninstall and reinstall the desktop CC app. I'm logged into my account, I've looked in preferences — just at a loss here. Any help would be appreciated!

CC app v5.3.1.470

OS v10.15.5
late 2016 MacBook Pro touch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we should all boycot Adobe fonts and go back to what we use to do back in the day before all this Adobe BS appeared in our otherwise stress free designers lives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I was going crazy, but some of my designers are having the same issue. Fonts weren't syncing to my computer and I was able to toggle the Fonts switch under Creative Cloud File Syncing Preferences.... but no one else seems to have the Services tab to allow me to do this on other machines. We just able missed a very important meeting because we couldn't activate/access fonts that were just active yesterday. Mind you the designer who initially told me about this issue is running a brand-spankin new Mac (only 2 months old), on the lastest OS, with the latest CC installed. The Adobe teams customer service is MIA. 

REALLY NEED A SOLUTION HERE ADOBE! We are paying you thousands a years, the least you can do is provide timely customer service the one time we need it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Major outage at Adobe servers. Might take a few hours.
Follow status of services here: https://status.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. The fonts just take an absolute AGE to download. Fuming as I have a deadline for some really important logos and can't use the fonts I want!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am also having the exact same issue. My work Mac is old and can't update past MacOS 10.11.6 therefore 4.9.0.504 is the most current version of CC that I can run.

I just spent 30 minutes on the support chat with Adobe. They had me kill all the Adobe processes in Activity Monitor, sign in and out, restart, the typical support things. After a while I was told that there is a bug in 4.9.0.504 and I'd have to update to a newer version of CC in order to fix it which, as explained above, I can't do. SO, it look slike we're just screwed and Adobe won't do anything about it. I'll include the end of our chat below for context.

Adobe tech: As I have checked it is a bug and suggest you to please upgrade your mac so that you can upgrade CC apps too

Me: I cannot do that. 10.11.6 is the most current version of the MacOS I can run. Are you saying there is no way for me to get fonts to sync unless I update my Mac?

Adobe tech: Yes As the version of Creative cloud application is very old and do not have more further update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable! Buying a new MAC cannot be the only option <o> They should at least give a discount to everyone that is unable to use fonts from TypeKit, I'm feeling injured by not having access to this major feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem. Got sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

tl;dr: SOLUTION via Adobe Japan :party_popper::

About the problem that synchronization became impossible in macOS 10.11 or earlier (Adobe Support Co... 

• You'll probably have to run this post through a translator.
  • The text in the screenshots will still be in Japanese.
  • I summarize the steps (in English) below.

---

Thank you to everyone in here. I ran into this a few weeks ago and finding this thread was heartening. Well, as much as an unsolvable, work-interrupting, difficult to work around bug can be 🙂

This thread was the only place I was able to find with any information related to this specific issue (I'm on 10.11.6). I basically gave up and planned to:

• Find the individual fonts I needed and install them manually so I could work.
  • Upgrade to some newer version of the OS or possibly get a new computer.

Long story short, I posted this question on another forum, and someone* kindly responded with this exact problem and a solution... FROM ADOBE JAPAN!!

Note to self: When researching a problem like this, instruct the search engine to include non-English message boards!

(*This person is an Adobe Plug-in developer. They were familiar with this issue because they have to run their plug-ins in a number of different environments, including *older* ones.

I told them I was going to post this information in *this* forum, and asked if they would like credit. They said "no". But if you read this: Thank you again so much!!)

If you go to the link above, you'll find very thorough instructions (along with some very polite and courteous comments) from Adobe Japan (@KingPenguin94 | Adobe Staff | Sep 15, 2020).

ex:

> We apologize for the inconvenience and inconvenience caused.
> We will be careful not to cause such problems in the future.

I'll summarize the procedure here for English-translated-posterity and cross-referencing. But you should definitely go to the original post and read through that:

---

Cause:

• Creative Cloud.app updated at some point ~September 2020.
  • 2 utility apps (that are needed for "Fonts" syncing) were automatically updated to versions that are not compatible with Mac OS 10.11.6.
  • This should not have happened. But I guess CC.app got a little overzealous 🙂

Instructions (overview):

1. In Creative Cloud.app: Disable "Keep your Creative Cloud desktop up to date"
  2. Download the linked .DMG which contains the following patch files (older versions of these utility apps that work with 10.11.6):
    - ACCFinderBundleLoader.app (4.3.51.3) [Modified: Monday, July 13, 2020 at 2:14 AM]
    - Core Sync.app (4.3.51.3) [Modified: Monday, July 13, 2020 at 2:15 AM]
  3. Relevant Paths:
    - `/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Sync/CoreSyncExtension/` ⬅ ACCFinderBundleLoader.app
    - `/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Sync/Core Sync/` ⬅ Core Sync.app
  4. Quit all Adobe processes via Activity Monitor.app
  5. Remove the old versions of these apps
  6. Copy in the new versions

Now you can launch Creative Cloud.app and the Fonts panel should load.

Additional Information:

• The first time I attempted to copy the 2x older versions of ACCFinderBundleLoader.app and Core Sync.app, the Finder indicated that they were STILL not compatible. Icon + white circle with a slash. But ONLY when they were in the exact location that they needed to be in. I *could* double click them, and they would open from their mounted .DMG, the Desktop, etc. I tried a number of things that I won't bore anyone with. Because I eventually just restarted and then the files appeared to be fine (not circle with a slash), launched, and everything worked as expected. So if you run into this, save yourself some time, and restart first, to see if that clears it up.

• I didn't need to do Step 5: Rename the CoreSync folder.

• To reiterate Step 1 above: Probably don't update Creative Cloud.app if you can help it. In fact, I just re-tested, and am seeing a blue bar at the top of the app: "Creative Cloud app updates available" and a "Proceed" button. The "Files" and "Fonts" panels are greyed out with a message telling me to upgrade. Which is different than when I first applied this fix. I'm not going through with this update because I don't want anything to break. But I wouldn't be surprised if it broke "Fonts" again BUT I was able to re-apply the patch files and get back to work. But I can't chance that right now 🙂

---

I hope this helps everyone who's posted in this thread and anyone that stumbles onto it (like me).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You made my day!!!

I have been totaly helpless. I can’n explain how much trouble you’ve saved me mith your weldone explanation. Thanks and thousand thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you. To you and our Japanese friends. 
I have been fighting this for months, with no help from Adobe, other than upgrade your computer.

Thank you again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines